Just seen in Volksworld! Motometer gauge holders! Price: Back in stock!
Just featured in the past 3/12 issue of Volksworld, our popular show quality Motometer gauge holders are now back in stock in time for the driving season!!
This rare and nice looking original accessory was first offered in approximately 1949, as it appears in the Bosch split beetle accesories catalog, and will work on either beetles or busses, as it was made in the 50's for both Motometer and VDO gauges, with and without varying logo designs. Fits any 52mm diameter DIN standard gauge, these holders are/were most commonly seen holding gas gauges, as the gas gauge was the first gauge enthusiasts added to their early VW, but any 52mm gauge (ammeter, oil temp, etc) will fit nicely!
Our exact reproductions are precision metal cast from an NOS original in solid brass (so it can also be easily chromed and not pit out someday like the other reproduction pot metal versions will!). Each is finished in the original style textured black enamel finish or ivory gloss, as these were never produced originally in chrome.
Original spec attachment hardware also comes with each gauge holder, including our custom fabricated chrome finish stainless steel steering column strap, which is preformed to perfectly fit your steering column! Each gauge holder also includes a clear textured lexan self adhesive strip to protect your steering column from paint chips (as shown in picture with antitheft screw).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING PRICING OPTIONS CAREFULLY WHEN ORDERING:
1. No logo - Earliest version holder, as seen in the Bosch split beetle accessories catalog, ivory gloss or textured black enamel - $130
2. "Motometer" logo - Complete logo, no hole for indicator warning lamp, ivory gloss or textured black enamel - $130, OR Unpainted (you paint or rechrome) for $100
3. Chroming service - We can have your gauge holder chromed with a reputable chromer for an additional $45 (done right). Turnaround time on chroming is 4-5 weeks.
These separately available hardware/accessories are EXACT replacements and will fit original gauge holders also:
1. Steering column strap - chrome polished stainless steel - $15
2. Nut tightening spacer - $12
3. Bolt - stainless steel, original slotted cheesehead - $1
4. Optional anti-theft spanner head bolt with spefic tool - $5
AVAILABILITY & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- This item is usually in stock and finished to order and shipped 3-5 days after payment
- Prices include usps priority mail with delivery confirmation service in the US only
- Add $20 for all international signature service registered airmail orders
- When purchasing only spare accessories, 1 or more, please add $5 for shipping in the US, and for international shipments add $15 for registered signature service airmail service.
- Paypal payments to: [email protected]
- OR send check (10 days clearance required) or money orders to:
PO Box 331
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
Please see all our other rare parts and services ads here exclusively on thesamba!
- NOTE - due to unexpected medical problem, the shop will not be taking any orders until mid May, I will update this section on the exact day we reopen.
- Sorry we do not take phone calls currently, please use email: [email protected], and we will respond soon as time allows.
- Please clearly indicate item/s ordered on your payment. Paypal payments MUST have a confirmed shipping address, or it will be refunded.
- Paypal emails back payment & order confirmation for us, this indicates your order is being processed.
- We do not provide order/shipping updates, as processing times for our custom made products are all estimated, and vary daily, especially during the holiday and pre driving seasons.
- Brezelwerks is closed annually each year, usually from June 1 - Aug 31, or as posted.