Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parts/Accessories - Wheels
Moderators: None
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Jump to:
Upload Pic
Title only
Category :: Parts/Accessories - Wheels
Wheel fitment with wilwoods
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:37 pm
Size: 1200x1600   Views: 29
Rating: Not rated
TheGrafs
Empi wilwoods wheel fitment

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Forum code: Copy

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 28
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 27
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1600x1200   Views: 20
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1600x1200   Views: 16
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 19
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1600x1200   Views: 26
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 18
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 17
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 19
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Nankang Van Tyre
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:40 am
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 24
Nankang Van Tyre
Dougal Cawley
I spotted this tyre on the side of one of those greasey spoon bacon sandwich vans on the side of the A46.

View other images:
From Dougal Cawley Rows Grid   

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, finally some initial test drives...
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:12 am
Size: 926x517   Views: 21
Stock Steve
Still haven't popped the center caps on yet, but have managed to get a couple of short local test drives in with all four wheels/tires finally on the car. First picture is Shell Beach in Guilford, CT, on Monday, August 21, 2023. Second picture is around sunset or so, at Stony Creek Village/Madeira Park in Branford, on Saturday evening, August 26th, 2023. Pretty happy so far with looks, ride, and handling!

View other images:
From Stock Steve Rows Grid   

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:12 am
Size: 1600x724   Views: 22
Stock Steve
Still haven't popped the center caps on yet, but have managed to get a couple of short local test drives in with all four wheels/tires finally on the car. First picture is Shell Beach in Guilford, CT, on Monday, August 21, 2023. Second picture is around sunset or so, at Stony Creek Village/Madeira Park in Branford, on Saturday evening, August 26th, 2023. Pretty happy so far with looks, ride, and handling!

View other images:

Split bus 15 inch wheel
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:45 pm
Size: 1179x727   Views: 26
Split bus 15 inch wheel
phatbus
Crows foot and non-crows foot bus wheels
Lemmerz and Kronprinz

View other images:
From phatbus Rows Grid   

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, one side finally on the car...
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 am
Size: 1600x1199   Views: 30
Stock Steve
Daisy wheels update from this past Saturday, 8/12/2023: Got one side on (the little knobbies are still on the right side). I had to order some more mag wheel washers from Amazon before I can do the other side; it seems these wheels have pretty thin flanges (at least as far as mag wheels go), and even with 3/8” spacers, I still had to do double washers. Anyway, so far, so good. Just wasn't able to get to any test driving this past weekend. Also not going to pop the center caps on until at least one test drive…

View other images:

Size: 1149x1600   Views: 14
Stock Steve
Daisy wheels update from this past Saturday, 8/12/2023: Got one side on (the little knobbies are still on the right side). I had to order some more mag wheel washers from Amazon before I can do the other side; it seems these wheels have pretty thin flanges (at least as far as mag wheels go), and even with 3/8” spacers, I still had to do double washers. Anyway, so far, so good. Just wasn't able to get to any test driving this past weekend. Also not going to pop the center caps on until at least one test drive…

View other images:

Size: 1600x712   Views: 25
Stock Steve

View other images:

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, ebay repro cap stickers rec'd...
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:07 pm
Size: 1600x863   Views: 18
Stock Steve
ARE repro emblems came in over this past weekend. I went with the more expensive ones on the aluminum backing to stick onto the repro “Libre” caps (they are a little more deluxe and sharper printed—you get what you pay for)… All eBay purchases... Minor progress, I know. But it’s something… "We shall see" if the wheels/tires get a test-fit onto the Bug over this coming weekend... Happy Friday…

View other images:

Size: 1600x939   Views: 16
Stock Steve
ARE repro emblems came in over this past weekend. I went with the more expensive ones on the aluminum backing to stick onto the repro “Libre” caps (they are a little more deluxe and sharper printed—you get what you pay for)… All eBay purchases... Minor progress, I know. But it’s something… "We shall see" if the wheels/tires get a test-fit onto the Bug over this coming weekend... Happy Friday…

View other images:

Size: 1600x1363   Views: 16
Stock Steve

View other images:

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, ebay repro caps rec'd...
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:00 am
Size: 1600x1012   Views: 24
Stock Steve
Repro caps came in yesterday. They look decent, and look like they'll fit properly (I resisted pushing one all the way into the center hole on one of the wheels--didn't want to risk damage removing it again)... I also verified the 1.75” (44mm) flat depression area for the center cap sticker.... Ended up ordering two different “American Racing” sets of stickers (original style like the wheels would have come with) on ebay today, since I could not find anything else that I was really in love with...

View other images:

Size: 1600x1015   Views: 18
Stock Steve
Repro caps came in yesterday. They look decent, and look like they'll fit properly (I resisted pushing one all the way into the center hole on one of the wheels--didn't want to risk damage removing it again)... I also verified the 1.75” (44mm) flat depression area for the center cap sticker.... Ended up ordering two different “American Racing” sets of stickers (original style like the wheels would have come with) on ebay today, since I could not find anything else that I was really in love with...

View other images:

Size: 1600x1412   Views: 19
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x1298   Views: 14
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x1230   Views: 22
Stock Steve

View other images:

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, clean-up & then tires mounted...
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:45 am
Size: 1600x928   Views: 19
Stock Steve
This past Saturday morning, July 29th, I dragged all of the wheels outside for as thorough a cleaning as possible that I could do by hand in my driveway, including removing old weights from the inside, cutting out the old valves, etc.. Also dragged the 195/70R14 "Vitours" (not a bad tire, really!) outside to a staging area. Then stopped by my favorite local garage, "Stony Creek Auto Service" of Branford, CT, and asked if I could drop wheels & tires off on Monday morning for tire mounting; they said fine! Monday morning the 31st, I dropped all four bare wheels & tires off in front of their shop right before they opened, and by the afternoon I received a call that they were ready! I opted for no balancing at this time, so we'll see how that goes (I can always get them balanced later). I also have a couple of cans of that "plasti-dip" spray in hand (from Amazon), that I'll eventually spray the spokes and other as-cast areas with. I opted for a matte gray, to maybe emulate the look of the original Libres on the BRE 510s... First I'm going to bolt them onto the car for some photos & driving--hopefully my ebay repro center caps arrive in time for that... Good times!...

View other images:

Size: 1600x1168   Views: 20
Stock Steve
This past Saturday morning, July 29th, I dragged all of the wheels outside for as thorough a cleaning as possible that I could do by hand in my driveway, including removing old weights from the inside, cutting out the old valves, etc.. Also dragged the 195/70R14 "Vitours" (not a bad tire, really!) outside to a staging area. Then stopped by my favorite local garage, "Stony Creek Auto Service" of Branford, CT, and asked if I could drop wheels & tires off on Monday morning for tire mounting; they said fine! Monday morning the 31st, I dropped all four bare wheels & tires off in front of their shop right before they opened, and by the afternoon I received a call that they were ready! I opted for no balancing at this time, so we'll see how that goes (I can always get them balanced later). I also have a couple of cans of that "plasti-dip" spray in hand (from Amazon), that I'll eventually spray the spokes and other as-cast areas with. I opted for a matte gray, to maybe emulate the look of the original Libres on the BRE 510s... First I'm going to bolt them onto the car for some photos & driving--hopefully my ebay repro center caps arrive in time for that... Good times!...

View other images:

Size: 1600x1093   Views: 28
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1415x1600   Views: 22
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x858   Views: 18
Stock Steve

View other images:

Ronal Kleeblatt Restoration
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:48 pm
Size: 1200x1600   Views: 17
TheGrafs
Restoration of my Kleeblatts

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 12
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 778x1600   Views: 11
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 247x204   Views: 14
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Size: 1200x1600   Views: 16
TheGrafs

View other images:
From TheGrafs Rows Grid   

Eagle Alloy
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:04 pm
Size: 800x1033   Views: 37
Eagle Alloy
Typ3nut
VW Wheels

View other images:
From Typ3nut Rows Grid   

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, tracking down more origins...
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:59 pm
Size: 1200x1558   Views: 17
Stock Steve
As noted, Peter Brock ran *magnesium* versions of the "Libre" mags from American Racing Equipment, and then later, it appears that American Racing Equipment also introduced an aluminum version. And after that, it appears other companies produced aluminum copies. I have yet to look at the part markings on mine, but here are a few catalog pages that I tracked down online. There was also a "Le Mans" wheel that was similar, but with tapered spokes...

View other images:

Size: 1200x1526   Views: 12
Stock Steve
As noted, Peter Brock ran *magnesium* versions of the "Libre" mags from American Racing Equipment, and then later, it appears that American Racing Equipment also introduced an aluminum version. And after that, it appears other companies produced aluminum copies. I have yet to look at the part markings on mine, but here are a few catalog pages that I tracked down online. There was also a "Le Mans" wheel that was similar, but with tapered spokes...

View other images:

Size: 1200x1552   Views: 18
Stock Steve

View other images:

14" "Libre", a.k.a. "Daisy" mags, origins I remember...
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:03 am
Size: 800x378   Views: 27
Stock Steve
I've mentioned first seeing the "Daisy" mags on Peter Brock's famous BRE (Brock Racing Enterprises) Datsun 510s, and later on they made their way onto Brock's "Screaming Yellow Zonker" hot rod 510 street car, that got immortalized in the March 1973 issue of Motor Trend, who called it the "Brock Buster," and Revell eventually came out with a model kit of the Brock Buster. All wearing those cool wheels!

View other images:

Size: 647x421   Views: 25
Stock Steve
I've mentioned first seeing the "Daisy" mags on Peter Brock's famous BRE (Brock Racing Enterprises) Datsun 510s, and later on they made their way onto Brock's "Screaming Yellow Zonker" hot rod 510 street car, that got immortalized in the March 1973 issue of Motor Trend, who called it the "Brock Buster," and Revell eventually came out with a model kit of the Brock Buster. All wearing those cool wheels!

View other images:

Size: 477x313   Views: 15
Stock Steve

View other images:

Cool wheels from David in Torrington, 7/15/2023
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:02 am
Size: 1600x1047   Views: 15
Stock Steve
Got to meet David, a.k.a.: "Slick_50" @ TheSamba today when I drove up to Torrington, CT to purchase a very cool set of 14" "Daisy" style alloy wheels for 4x130 application. For those of you who may remember Tom M. from Torrington, LONG a mainstay of the New England old-VW hobby, David is his son-in-law, and he's got some cool stuff for sale--check out his ads! Thanks again David!

View other images:

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:44 am
Size: 530x368   Views: 12
Stock Steve
Got to meet David, a.k.a.: "Slick_50" @ TheSamba today when I drove up to Torrington, CT to purchase a very cool set of 14" "Daisy" style alloy wheels for 4x130 application. For those of you who may remember Tom M. from Torrington, LONG a mainstay of the New England old-VW hobby, David is his son-in-law, and he's got some cool stuff for sale--check out his ads! Thanks again David!

View other images:

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:44 am
Size: 1018x720   Views: 12
Stock Steve

View other images:

15’s and 17’s
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:21 am
Size: 1125x826   Views: 31
15’s and 17’s
Brian_e

View other images:
From Brian_e Rows Grid   

15’s and 17’s
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:21 am
Size: 1125x593   Views: 51
15’s and 17’s
Brian_e

View other images:
From Brian_e Rows Grid   

Mahle gasburners
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:08 am
Size: 1600x900   Views: 18
Mahle gasburners
challomoner

View other images:
From challomoner Rows Grid   

Select sort method:  Order:  
Gallery Index -> Parts/Accessories - Wheels

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Jump to:
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 3 of 158
Jump to:  

You cannot upload new pics in this category
You cannot rate pics in this category
You cannot edit your pics and comments in this category
You cannot delete your pics and comments in this category

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.