Joined: January 05, 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
|Ludwig-Hunger Crankcase reconditioning set
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 am Views: 316
Rating: Not rated
|Complete Tool set (pic as found) to;
1. Face the crankcase halves with a large hand operated, auto-feed fly cutter.
2. Bore the crankcase Main/cam tunnels, cut thrust as required and to any oversize
3. Ream the Main and cam tunnel to finished size
4. Cut the seal bore after facing case halves
5. Cut and ream the oil pump bore
Boring tool also has auto-feed function, although hand operated.
To be used and set up with VW247 Master gauges
This set is well used but all there. It has the update mandrel for the 40hp-1600 type 1 case and the later boring tool for oversize line boring before reaming. Just needs a little maintenance and cleaning, then good to go again. Spare Parts seem to be still available through Ludwig-Hunger, so I'm going to test that !!..The previous owner, a past VW Dealership Foremen had not had it in use for 26 years, just stored away due to an engine re-conditioner line boring cases more efficiently through that time. They are now gone too, so this dandy set might come out to play again!! :)