Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

800HP Go Power Engine Dyno
Photo link: Forum code:
800HP Go Power Engine Dyno
Author Photo
nsracing Premium Member
Samba Member

Photos: 228

800HP Go Power Engine Dyno Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 am     Views: 127      Rating: Not rated

An old engine dyno of the past trying to come back to life. This is my current project for 2013 and see if I can resurrect it back to life.

The brake seems to be in good condition. I am sure there gotta be bearings or seals that need replacing.

I have gone through all the paperwork materials and find this equipment not as complicated as I had anticipated. The meter is hydraulic-operated by 2 load cells attached to the brake body. The movement or resistance/torque on the brake is read on the meter. Hence HP is only calcuted.

So far, I like it. See what happens once I get it inspected/torn down and rebuilt.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2013, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB