Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1952 Microbus
Photo link: Forum code:
1952 Microbus
Author Photo
olivieda
Samba Member

Photos: 24

1952 Microbus Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 pm     Views: 165      Rating: Not rated

This bus was born in end of 1952, and delivered to France.
Only 52 buses were delivered to France in 1952 (how many Microbus?)

A specific plate from importer is located in engine compartment

First owner lived in south of France, after driving his bus during around 20 years, it was parked in the garden and awaiting better days

Around 1990 this bus was discovered and come back to the scene, I bought it in end of 1993, I‘m the third owner of this wonderful bus.

I think this bus have around 100.000 kilometers since new, most of the parts are original, even interior is original, minor welding was required.
Now, is it near than factory condition, only modification for safety (12v conversion and dual brake master cylinder), I plan to install, in future, a full set of 356 drums brakes to finish it.

This bus spends 20 years driving with first owner, 20 years in the garden and now 20 years with me! I have done a lot of job by myself on this bus and it was a big challenge for me to finish it and it would be impossible without help of my friends and my family.

first test drive was done for ben pon meeting 2014 in Holland

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.