Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recovered! Cross Eyed Cow Pizza's 1975 bus
Photo link: Forum code:
Recovered! Cross Eyed Cow Pizza's 1975 bus
Author Photo
Danibaby085

Photos: 1

Recovered! Cross Eyed Cow Pizza's 1975 bus Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:34 pm     Views: 259      Rating: Not rated

ORO GRANDE — The stolen Cross Eyed Cow Pizza Volkswagen bus has been located, thanks to the observant eye of one driver on Interstate 15.
“The lady that called told my boss the idiots painted the yellow bus white but didn’t bother to change the interior cow print,” Boyd said. ...
During the pursuit, Lacy Smith called Grace Preston, the daughter of Jim and Donna Granger, owners of the eatery, and told her a black 1500 Dodge Ram Truck was following the VW. When the driver of the truck noticed they were being followed, they began waving a gun toward Smith.
San Bernardino County Sheriff's dispatch advised Preston that Smith should back off from pursuing the vehicle. After ending her pursuit, Smith noticed a sheriff’s helicopter following the van south on Interstate 15, Preston said.
“They stopped the bus near Day Creek (Boulevard) in Rancho Cucamonga and our bus is now at the Rancho Cucamonga tow yard...Smith told Preston that the bus’ luggage rack had not been removed and yellow paint could be seen “coming through” the new paint job, which covered printed messages such as “Best Pizza in Oro Grande,” “Pizza,” a Route 66 logo and the store’s address...
“I was the one who originally came across the od VW bus and bought the old beater for $700,” Preston said. “My dad fixed it up real good and it became a popular fixture. Finding the bus was like finding my baby. I guess we won’t be parking the bus out front anymore.”
http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20160627/NEWS/160629739

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.