Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Split bug 1952 in Brazil
Photo link: Forum code:
My Split bug 1952 in Brazil
Author Photo
Amauri Garbin
Samba Member

Photos: 74

My Split bug 1952 in Brazil Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:25 am     Views: 259      Rating: Not rated

I bought this 1952 split brezel in 2005 and it took 10 years to finish.
I found it in a city in the interior of southern Brazil, just a body, pan and documents, nothing else, no finishing, no engine, no seats and the bodywork was very rust.
It was a big challenge, but I managed to find original VW parts and still make great friends with people from all over the world (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Spain, France, USA, Australia, Argentina and of course, also from Brazil).
And in January 2016, my split bug might make the cover of a local air-cooled magazine.
And it was titled Cosmopolitan Split bug because it has original VW parts from several countries.
I am happy to share this story with other admirers and owners of VW aircooleds around the world.
So never stop believing in your dreams and never lose hope!
Thank's for your time :-)

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.