Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Adapted GM fuse cum relay box
Photo link: Forum code:
Adapted GM fuse cum relay box
Author Photo
NASkeet
Samba Member

Photos: 1104

Adapted GM fuse cum relay box Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:10 am     Views: 1654      Rating: Not rated

This is the Vauxhall Cavalier Mk. 2 fuse cum relay box, which I adapted for use on my British specification, 1973 VW Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan.

There are as standard, eighteen positions for plastic blade-fuses and four of either turn-signal relay, accessory relays or buzzers.

In addition, there are five bays beneath, into which one can slide clip-in modules of two types. One module type accommodates two plastic blade-fuses, whilst the other module type accommodates single relays, of various 1/4 & 1/8 inch blade-terminal configurations, as shown separately in the top two rows of images, at the following link.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=327972

I adapted one of the two-fuse holder modules, to accomodate my VW headlamp dip & flasher relay, by cutting and heat welding into the module, the appropriate section of the VW Type 2 fuse & relay box, relay-connector strip.

Note also at the top of the picture, the four supplementary & relocated dashboard switches, all with the VW Type 1, 3 & 4 switch-knob pattern (i.e. truncated, stepped cone), as used on all my other switches.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.