Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stolen in San Jose, CA - Reward!
Photo link: Forum code:
Stolen in San Jose, CA - Reward!
Author Photo
karen a. kurtz

Photos: 1

Stolen in San Jose, CA - Reward! Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:48 pm     Views: 7555      Rating: Not rated

1957 VW Bug with black cloth sunroof stolen: towed out of my driveway in East San Jose, CA on Nov. 20, 2003 during the early morning hours. Paint is blue/bluegreen metallic, decklid has been painted a medium green enamel which as now become oxodized. There is a patch of gray primer on the left rear fender and a smaller gray primer patch on the right rear fender. The interior of the car is black and newly upholstered and carpeted. CA license is 3ETR481, August 2004.

The car, bonnet and decklid were locked. The bonnet was additionally locked with a U-shaped bike lock through the handle on the bonnet and the front bumper. A "Club" steering wheel lock was locked onto the steering wheel. A window on the passenger side was broken during the theft.

I have owned the car since 1968, it was my first car and it is much loved and missed. I am offering a reward for any information leading to the return of the car.

The pictures of the car are correct in every respect except for the decklid, rear fender primer patches and license plate (which is the original plate in the pictures). Front plate frame still says "Isenberg" which was the original dealer in Merced. The color in the pictures is pretty darn close, its only slightly greener. You don't see the green, it just mutes the blue color somewhat.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.