Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carbon Fibre Air Box
Photo link: Forum code:
Carbon Fibre Air Box
Author Photo
eds_apple
Samba Member

Photos: 109

Carbon Fibre Air Box Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 am     Views: 30      Rating: Not rated

I am currently making a custom airbox for a 2074cc type 1 with dual 44 IDFS. Here are some pictures of the central section halves, which join using clamps (yet to be fitted) sandwiching a K&N standard VW GOLF size panel filter. I did originally plan to go with a matt finish but decided on gloss- what do you think?

I appreciate that carbon fibre has some negative views on the samba i.e. that it doesn't fit with the Cal Look philosophy etc. The reason for utilising carbon was due to the moulding process required epoxy and as such it seemed logical to use carbon. (i did consider painting in a base colour) However decided to make something of the double twill weave.

It will be going on a pretty much stock 1964, aside from engine and BRM's.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.