Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paint-fix
Photo link: Forum code:
Paint-fix
Author Photo
hemifalcon
Samba Member

Photos: 743

Paint-fix Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:54 pm     Views: 116      Rating: Not rated

I had my dad come out and help me buff my paint which was so jacked up after Vintage Works Auto body botched the paint so terribly. This was the first time the car has been in the sun since last August. There was overspray from another car over every inch of the car which could not be seen when I picked it up on a rainy overcast day-- in a garage where the shop operates that might as well be lit by candlelight.. We spent about 6 hours yesterday buffing the paint and fixing all the f'ups.. Then, today, I decided that I needed to see just how bad the colors are off from the repair to the transition to the original paint.. I don't knwo who else will notice in broad daylight-- but it's very obvious when you know where to look.. I had to polish all the taillight housings, and lenses, and the stainless trim, and the windows will be next, and even my wheels because there was overspray on them.. Gotta love that quality workmanship.. Before buffing the car, it felt like sand all over the car.. Now your hand squeaks as it sticks to the surface..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.