TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: I finally got my 67!!!
OiOiOi Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:26 pm

She was towed down from Baltimore this morning in the icy snow. I've been waiting for this baby a long time and I am so excited, this is my first vw, and my first old car in general, ever. It stalled out in the driveway and wouldn't start so we had to push it inside. It seemed to be starting alright after that and we backed it down the driveway to take for a spin around the neighborhood when it stalled out in at the bottom of the driveway, in the road. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, being we know nothing about cars. As soon as it was put into gear it would stop, or wouldn't start at all. My dad said the carb was floaded. We went over and got the neighbors and pushed her up the driveway, in the ice, and back into the garage. After sitting for awhile she started up after a little convincing, and now she is starting up right away. I'm not getting her out again until we can put air in the tires and the ice melts (they luckily haven't put salt down). It's alright rust wise, nothing serious, and most of the electricle works. I can't wait to have a whole day to play around and learn this thing, but I defenetly am going to need help. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, my camera died.

bill may Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:34 pm

alright.. glad to hear it is home.

OiOiOi Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:36 pm

Me too, safe and snuggly in the garage, no more cold nights out in the snow for this puppy.

Nid Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:23 pm

For such an 'uncommon' (1 year only, yes I know they still made a shitpile of them compared to ovals or splits) it seems a ton of people are scoring '67s lately! Rock on! :D

RareAir Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:44 pm

Nid wrote: it seems a ton of people are scoring '67s lately! Rock on! :D

It seems VW sent nearly 80% of all 67s manufactured to the US. Everywhere I go around here in Southern California I see 1967 Beetles.

RareAir Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:47 pm

OiOiOi wrote: I've been waiting for this baby a long time and I am so excited, this is my first vw, and my first old car in general, ever.

First VW? You've already accumulated nearly 300 posts on this site. What they heck were you posting about?

ScrapJunkie Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:53 pm

[email protected] wrote: OiOiOi wrote: I've been waiting for this baby a long time and I am so excited, this is my first vw, and my first old car in general, ever.

First VW? You've already accumulated nearly 300 posts on this site. What they heck were you posting about?

You missed the whole splitbus safer than bay bus threads. That, and she's been posting about her 67 for a month or two now.

Good luck with it.

OiOiOi Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:09 am

:oops: Excitement is a desies...I can't help it...I'm like a little kid before Christmas...can't shut up... :roll:

CrazyMC Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:13 pm

I just got a '67 about 2 months ago. I have chassis resting on two workhorses right now. Waiting on MTMFG to send me my frame head, firewall, and front chassis support. Pans and heater channels already acquired. I'm trying to complete by the end of winter. We shall see!!! Congrats on the buy and good luck!

karfer67 Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:03 pm

the 67 bug is a great vw. very popular because it has the looks of the old bugs, but uses the more modern mechanicals like 12V, ball joint, better ring and pinion ratio, and sealed beam headlights. they make great daily drivers but watch out for those few 67 only parts that get rather pricy to replace. things like door handles, window cranks, and the rear apron are hard to come by. good luck on your new dub!!

Seb67 Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:55 am

Welcome to "Club '67"...

a bunch a people driving 'rare' 38 year old bugs...
and I'm a member for life.
:D

karfer67 Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:36 pm

lol it is funny how some people call 67's "rare" when as stated before they made a ton of them. i think production for 67 was something like 900,000 or so. problem is a lot of people bought them drove them into the ground and they got crushed. it would be interesting to start a 67 bug registery and see how many join. i bet world wide there not nearly that many left. sorta like what makes totally original muscle cars worth so much money. for the most part those things were bought to be drivin hard so not many are still around that are cherry.