TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rear torsion bushings? rubber or urithane
roy63 Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:13 am

Should I go with rubber or urithane rear torsion bushings in my 63. What are the pros and cons to them Im rebulding the pan on my car and some advice on these bushings would be helpful.
Thanks, Roy

sixfootdan Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 am

Seems to me urithane squeaks more than rubber in general? IMO

aggro_jo Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:32 am

Miguel Arroyo Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 pm

aggro_jo wrote: MEANIRISHMOFO wrote: Seems to me urithane squeaks more than rubber in general? IMO

true that. urethane will squuek some times, but will also be alot stiffer and firm. Its all about comprimise......

Enough said.

The Noof Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm

Unless you plan on dragging the door handles on the ground, rubber is FAR supirior. Urethane are noisey as hell, rough as a tax audit and last as long as your vacation away from the wife.

roy63 Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:05 am

Im just going to try go fast real quick in a straight line. The rubber bushings have made it 42 years. I dont want to hear any squeaks thats just me. But thank you very much for your thoughts on this. I was trying to figure out the pros and cons to each of them but I am always willing to listen to another opnion. Has any one had any bad experinces with rubber?

aggro_jo Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:44 am

sixfootdan Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:31 am

aggro_jo wrote: IF you dont want squeaks, go with the rubber.

I never had a Girl squeak when using a rubber, But I'm sure some lube would help? :wink:

roy63 Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:43 am

MEANIRISHMOFO wrote: aggro_jo wrote: IF you dont want squeaks, go with the rubber.

I never had a Girl squeak when using a rubber, But I'm sure some lube would help? :wink:
cool thanks!!!!