TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Redlines
mynameismud Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:28 am

What's everyones thoughts on Redlines. Thou, I personally think they look freaking great on Cameron's Kombi, will they look good on stock crowsfeet with cog hubcaps?

langsmer Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:36 am

If it is stock hight, it would look like you are trying to have a fake muscle car. Sort of like trying to make a Nash rambler into a sports car. :? It is your bus and up to you though. Try putting some wide whites on there! :D

mynameismud Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:48 am

oh- no...it would be non-stock height.

Rescue912 Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am

I think it'd look cool. Thought about it for my SC but it is definitely not stock height either...

mynameismud Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:02 am

borrowed Brendans '55 for the test.

Long-roofs Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 am

I like them, but what is the cost, say for 50 series? I'm toying with the same thing on my '55 slammed bus, 60 series white walls are way too much money.

Church Key Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:39 am

Oh, SNAAAP!
Lookin' KILLER...on BOTH buses.
Cameron?
AKA CJ?
The patina with the slammage & sharp wheel/tire combo looks really nice on Brendan's sled.

Bongo Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:29 am

Those wheels in the second picture, are they really stock?

BUCIOBATISTI Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:32 am

Whatever you do, stay away from those pre-made Low Profile Radial Whitewalls. They look TERRIBLE and are stupid expensive.

mynameismud Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:39 am

i see that cameron's were custom redlines... :shock: cha-ching

Long-roofs Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:42 am

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: Whatever you do, stay away from those pre-made Low Profile Radial Whitewalls. They look TERRIBLE and are stupid expensive.

Here are some 60 series, but if they look like shit up close, forget it.

Who offers the redline 50 series?

BUCIOBATISTI Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:57 am

Eric- My guess is that they are custom made and not mass-made. I know that they can cut down the sidewalls to make whitewalls and I guess they either use a paint or a dye to make the redlines. The radials look terrible up close since they still have the modern company tire logos and size markings, etc. and they just cut straight through that to make the whitewall. It looks tacky and homemade, since they are. In my opinion, the appeal of bias ply white walls is the old style tread pattern, sidewalls, old logos, and shape of the tire overall. The appeal of low profile tires is the ability to lower a car as far as you need, drivability of them, handling, and modern steel belts that don't flat spot. Combining the two just doesn't come out right in my opinion.

Andrew Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:59 am

The redlines are just inserts that go between the tire and the rim. They're available in the classifieds for $120 a set. Kinda pricey if you ask me. I'd roll them if they weren't so expensive.

langsmer Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:08 pm

They were at big-O a while back. My brother was looking to put them on his car.