TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 67 Only Running Board chrome trim ?
Downtown Brown Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:58 am

A friend of mine was collecting 67 only parts for his '67 sedan. He mentioned there was a '67 only running board chrome trim that was "grooved" First thing I thought of was split window trim.. Anyone have a picture of this trim ??

RareAir Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:02 pm

You're friend is sadly misinformed (or he's on crack) 67 runningboard trim is narrower than 1966 & earlier trim. But they are not grooved, They are smooth

Skim Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:08 pm

See what your friends reaction is when he sees this piece of rock.

If he starts to grab at the image, he is definitely on crack and should stop because the 67 has thin smooth running board mouldings.

Downtown Brown Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:31 pm

[email protected] wrote: You're friend is sadly misinformed (or he's on crack) 67 runningboard trim is narrower than 1966 & earlier trim. But they are not grooved, They are smooth He's NOT on drugs :) but If he saw a '67 like that at a VW show or misinformed :?: I'll have to ask to find out more. I KNOW I haven't - in person or in a picture, but sometimes people really surprize me about VWs and pull some unique things out- that I've never heard of. Lloyd

joemac Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:14 am

Some Brazillian running boards came with grooved trim, but they were the wide, pre-'67 style. I think I have a brand-new pair of said trim.

Skim Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:48 pm

joemac wrote: Some Brazillian running boards came with grooved trim, but they were the wide, pre-'67 style. I think I have a brand-new pair of said trim.

I have seen those before. They have a bunch of tiny grooves real close together right? Almost extruded looking.

Bruce Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:15 pm

The 67 trim is the same as what was used on deluxes up to 72.