TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: How to get a street stinger centered with a header?
bigjake Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:22 pm

Any recommendations on which street stinger/header combo would work the best in keeping the stinger centered under the apron of my Beetle? I would prefer to run just a header, not a merged one, so I can keep my heater boxes intact. I'll be needing one for my '67 Bug with 1600 dp, and my '61 with the 1200 sp. I've noticed the ones on Ebay, that I believe are from Thunderbird???, any comments on this type? From the photo, they look centered, but...........I'd appreciate the help!!! :?

ice baller61 Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:52 pm

People who use stingers are attention whores!! Just get a fat boy and enjoy........but to answer your question, some stingers have the triangle that bolts to the header adjustable. you can turn it any way you want.

RareAir Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:50 pm

Stingers are usually matched to their header system and come already centered. I've never seen a off center stinger on a car before. Not sure about other States, but if you're in California, running a stinger can create 2 possible infractions/violations. #1, the noise emanating from the stinger with no baffle will get you a quick ticket. #2, if the stinger is extended past the rear bumper by more than 10", it's another cause for a ticket.