TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Paint Code Help
DubStyle Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:06 pm

I'm in need of a current code for Agave L240. I found PPG codes for Pearl White and Silver White but need the code for that. Can someone please help? Everyday I don't have the code is a day longer I have to wait for my bus. :(

Roamingwesty Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:34 pm

I found this page thru Google:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8xdt9/DuPont3.jpg

DuPont code, Not PPG. Maybe your paint supplier could cross reference.

Too bad the Agave L240 was not on the vintagebus website.

DubStyle Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:04 pm

Thanks man! If I don't find it then I guess it will get painted Dove Blue and Cumulus White or pearl white.

I have PPG codes for Pearl White, Silver White

And Now DuPont for Agave.

Anyone else I really don't want to go with Dove Blue. :P

DubStyle Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 pm

Roamingwesty wrote: I found this page thru Google:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8xdt9/DuPont3.jpg

DuPont code, Not PPG. Maybe your paint supplier could cross reference.

Too bad the Agave L240 was not on the vintagebus website.

Forgot to ask what did you use for the search?

Roamingwesty Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:27 pm

"agave l240 ppg code" was the string I used.

Only one result, but just the right thing, and a page full of info.

You're welcome bro

DubStyle Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Kewl I found a PPG code 42466 for Agave! Now I hope they can find it. I think it was an excuse to get more time. Fookers have tomorrow off so now it's another day of waiting. :evil:

DubStyle Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:04 am

Can someone help with the mixture amounts for silver white? They couldn't find it or a good code that is in current circulation.

tmcpeek Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:20 am

try ppgcarpaint.com

roberto Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:35 am

It sounds like your paint shop is trying to buy time for some reason. The painter at our shop is also a ppg rep. so when he orders paint from the supplier; be it for any vintage vw or 356. he just says I need L???, color name, for vw or porshe. just because they don't make the cars, doen't mean the paint codes are invalid.

Now if you are trying to match any colors or blend with an og color, thats a different story. FACT: Paint NEVER matches on the money: NEVER. that task solely relies on the artistic integretity of a long time professional painter that has the ability to mix on the spot, while spraying.

DubStyle Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:20 am

roberto wrote: It sounds like your paint shop is trying to buy time for some reason. The painter at our shop is also a ppg rep. so when he orders paint from the supplier; be it for any vintage vw or 356. he just says I need L???, color name, for vw or porshe. just because they don't make the cars, doen't mean the paint codes are invalid.

Now if you are trying to match any colors or blend with an og color, thats a different story. FACT: Paint NEVER matches on the money: NEVER. that task solely relies on the artistic integretity of a long time professional painter that has the ability to mix on the spot, while spraying.

The shop here isn't buying the paint they are mixing the paint. Which I guess is some factory secret for certain colors. From what I heard from another painter the formulas aren't so easy to come by. :roll: At any rate he got it yesterday and the bus should be done next week. 8)