TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lowering my squareback Page: 1, 2  Next
blarneyman Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:58 pm

I'm new with the type 3. I know how to adjust the front beam but I was wondering if I could use drop spindles in order to save some of the ride.

blarneyman Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:01 pm

I forgot to mention, It is already about 2" off the ground and I need to raise it a little!

Notched Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:59 am

Dropped Type 3 spindles are pretty hard to find. There are a few people that have built them, but not mass produced like the Type 1.

chodee66 Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:53 am

Just raise it a click. Somewhere in the forum before someone explained how to do it.

type3nut64 Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:55 pm

Make sure your bump stops are cut off and you have lowered shocks. Should ride pretty good if you have this done.

squareonair Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:29 pm

if anyone finds some of them rare type3 spendles...let me know...id like to get my square to set a tad bit lower than it does now thanks

Barter_Builder Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:22 am

squareonair,
are those temps in the rear? you don't roll it like that do you?

squareonair Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:37 am

automatic_squareback wrote: squareonair,
are those temps in the rear? you don't roll it like that do you?

there temps in the front and 145's in the rear and ya i roll it like that for the winter.and then in the summer i roll 17x8 1/2 inch wheels with a 205x40x17 inch tire

Barter_Builder Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:42 am

cool bro, that stance is bad ass!

squareonair Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:53 am

automatic_squareback wrote: cool bro, that stance is bad ass!

thanks...think i have one if not the lowest type three so far in the us states

blarneyman Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:49 am

That is one low ride! Are you able to turn with it that low?
Here's a link for a couple of pix of my new project
www.blarneyhouse.com/69sqb/

I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's a great hobby!

Barter_Builder Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:11 am

blarneyman,
are you the original owner of this ride? If I'm not mistakin' I think I saw it in the classifieds a while back.

blarneyman Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:24 am

No. I picked this up from a guy in Vancouver Wa. area. It was way in the back of a huge garage. this was one of 7 cars he had (the only VW).

Barter_Builder Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:38 am

How hard is it gonna be to get the windows cut for that car. What kind of seals will you use?

blarneyman Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:46 am

Haven't even gone there yet. This could take me 3-5 years. Trying to raise 2 girls with 1 income!

blankmange Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:51 am

automatic_squareback wrote: How hard is it gonna be to get the windows cut for that car. What kind of seals will you use?

many autoglass shops can cut custom seals - I have checked into it myself... just in case, you know...

blarneyman Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:57 am

I do have a new front windshield for it that needs to be cut down. An old friend of mine owns a glass shop up here and he has done custom stuff for some race cars (when the time comes)

squareonair Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:19 am

blarneyman wrote: That is one low ride! Are you able to turn with it that low?
Here's a link for a couple of pix of my new project
www.blarneyhouse.com/69sqb/

I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's a great hobby!

ya i can turn but not very sharp when its all the way down..i made custon brackets for the air ride ive had it on there about 3 years now ive had the car for almost 7 years.and your project will be cool.wanna sell it?

blarneyman Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:28 am

My wife would kill me! I've been after her for a year for that perfect project. Now I think I have it!

squareonair Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:31 pm

blarneyman wrote: My wife would kill me! I've been after her for a year for that perfect project. Now I think I have it!

it will be a great one also...cant wait to see more work done to it...every need any extra parts let me know i might have something you need.