TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: DDB's February Meeting
boing Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:19 pm

The DDB will be having our second meeting of the year, already.

Monday Feb. 28th, at Stark Street Pizza, @ 7:00 PM. Here in Portland, Or.

We are welcoming all Type 3's, and owners that can make it.

You know where its at, if not, you can map it here...

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?Mpyve.p_0TqUNJ9W...country=us

We had a great turn out last month, and would like to see you all again.

This is a nice family oriented place with pretty good food, so there are no excuses, lets get out there. Spring is a comin'.

Anniehum Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:07 pm

Would you guys concider discussing attending the 2nd annual Cruise for the Cure up here in the Seattle area. Details on the cruise are:
Date: This years event will be May 1st 2005 (Mayday)
Departure Time & Location: We will leave Franklin’s VW Werks no later than 12:00Noon. Please be at the Shop before 11am (preferably by 10am) so we can arrange everyone for a smooth departure.
Cruise & Meet Location: The Cruise will start in Kent at Franklin’s VW Werks and head North on I-5 to connect with Eastbound I-90. We will follow I-90 to the Summit at Snoqualmie for a brief stop to cool down. Then we will take I-90 Westbound to Issaquah to Meet at Lake Sammamish State Park. Be aware of volunteers directing parking to group Types.
Fees: The parking fees for Lake Sammamish Park have been donated. So parking this year will be free. Throughout the day we will be accepting cash/check donations, which will be given to The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter serving the local ALS Community.
Prizes/Silent Auction: We will be distributing prize tickets to those who choose to donate to ALS for lots of prizes that have been donated. Along with the ticket drawing we will be offering a Silent Auction for some of the larger items.
Food: Hamburgers, BBQ Sandwiches, Deli services, Fries, beverages etc. will be available at the park for our event at a discounted rate.
Video & Photography: A Film Crew and Photographers will be Cruising with us to document the day. Please be aware and allow them to move freely through the line.
Legal Stuff: We of course wish this wasn’t necessary and don’t expect any problems for CFTC but just in case, we want all participants know that Franklin’s VW Werks is not liable for you or your vehicles. In short, Drive at your own Risk ?

Special Note: We cannot stress enough that this is a “Cruise” not a “Race”. We hope all who attend can respect the rules of the road and understand that we will be ‘Cruising’ at 55-60mph. We have multiple Police Departments assisting our motorcade to allow this Cruise to move smoothly. The speeds we will be cruising at also creates a safe environment for our cameramen and crew to make their way through the line to get great footage of everyone and their VW’s.

Franklin’s VW Werks - 23454 30th Ave S. Space ‘D’ - Kent, Washington - 206.592.0540 - www.FranklinsVWwerks.com

Cheers

boing Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Sure, I will bring it up. A few of us are usually up for a road trip.

May looks to be a busy month, but a day trip to Seattle might work in there.