TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: wreck Page: 1, 2  Next
gearhead Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:04 pm

thingings can go realy bad in fractions of a second, me and the grand kids went for a ride friday up the mountain ( hwy 82 it goes between alamogordo new mexico to roswell and is one of the most dangerest hwy's in the US) i was taking pic's going up the mountain when we came around the curve at the tunnel and there were cops, tow trucks, county workers everywere. a lady had come thru the tunnel and some how drifted over to the rock columns hitting one with the right front tire, witch pitched the car up and into a spin and over the cliff . it WAS a dodge neon, it went over 200 ft down the cliff . the fog in the pic's don't show just how steep it is . you have to have a rope to get down or up. she was air lifted to el paso tx with head injuries, i have heard any thing since the wreck . pictures are at this address
http://www.cbsmuseum.com/Accident.html
gearhead :(

Enkiel Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:12 pm

adress not working

Grant Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:15 pm

worked for me, i like your bus

gearhead Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:17 pm

ya i just fixed it ,the a in accident was suppost to be a capital. should work now.

gearhead Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:19 pm

don't be fresh she's spoken for :lol:

NAES Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:38 pm

wow :shock:

Bongo Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:53 am

Lucky to be alive I'd say.

RobzKombi Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:26 am

Damn :shock: nice bus......................................that Dodge looks pretty messed up.

Jeff Power Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:40 am

Better to lose a minute in your life than to lose your life in a minute.

drive safe.

vwbus67 Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 pm

or your bus

VWBobby Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Jeff Power wrote: Better to lose a minute in your life than to lose your life in a minute.

drive safe.

Thats a good quote! Unfortunatly in this day and age, speed has little to do with accidents as much as....poor driving. The mountain passes on the Oregon coast take at least one life every month. 90% of the accidents I've studdied were from unexperienced drivers. My fiance' works at a local radio station so we get the police reports flooding in every morning.

Glad to hear that you made it back from your trip safely! Nice to have pics to tell a story.

Keep the round side up!

jerry.t Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:23 pm

i just think it is awfull nice, that that state provided parking for all the on lookers. :lol:

chopped50ford Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm

:shock: OMG

Nice bus though

gearhead Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:56 pm

jerry.t the parking area that i was in is the overlook for the canyon and theres a path you can take to the bottom. if you make it all the way to the bottom theres a creek with some small waterfalls. in the summer when its in the 100's the bottom of the canyon is a nice cool place to spend the day hiking 8)

gearhead Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:15 am

up-date , from the rumor mill . what i've heard since the wreck is that the woman and her husband had a falling out pryor to the wreck. i know for a fact that the car was taking to the sheriffs impound! to be looked at. normaly around here who ever tows the vehicle takes it too there lot. maybe foul play or mabe she just tryed to end it all . hopefuly this just turns out to be just an accident :(

gearhead

Stanagon Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:08 am

gearhead wrote: thingings can go realy bad in fractions of a second, me and the grand kids went for a ride friday up the mountain ( hwy 82 it goes between alamogordo new mexico to roswell and is one of the most dangerest hwy's in the US) i was taking pic's going up the mountain when...

Taking pictures while driving on "one of the most dangerous hwy's in the US". You're lucky you didn't end up with your bus on top of the Neon. wtf?

gearhead Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:58 am

stanagon i don't drive with the camara stuck to my face, i just hold it out there and snap a picture wile i watch were the f... i'm driving. some times you get a good pic sometimes ya don't
gearhead

[email protected] Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:31 pm

Stanagon should talk I see him all the time take pics while driving.

localboy Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:41 pm

Jeff Power wrote: Better to lose a minute in your life than to lose your life in a minute.

drive safe.

you don't know how true this is. After 9 years of law enforcement in MHO these are the major causes of collisions, in no particualar order...inattention, inexperience/immaturity, aggresive driving, DWI, and DWHUA. Seat belts and air bags save lives...and since our vehicles, in general, don't have 'em, we gotto drive defensively :shock: Enjoy, but be careful.

Stanagon Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:57 pm

[email protected] wrote: Stanagon should talk I see him all the time take pics while driving.

Guilty as charged. I can't resist taking pictures during V-dub cruises.

It was the whole "most dangerous road, grandkids, flattened neon" that scared me though. I know distractions can kill when combined with driving, but no one is immune from it. Let's all just be careful, eh.