TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 66 21 window on ebay
gmoney Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:45 pm

there was a blue 21 window with a striped tent on ebay last week. Does anyone know where this bus is from, if it is original, who did the restoration on it? any information would be great. item # for auction was 4524741009

westcoastbullies Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 pm

ya , i remember seeing that 21, my neighbor was watching it on ebay, asking me a million questions...

what i told him was....ask for m-codes, serials, check belly pans, and most important, detailed photos of the inside roof before headliner..

when i see primer like this, i get skeptical...

when i read this, "Yes it was a 21 when we got it",i get doubtful

Flipseat Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:37 pm

Read through this thread.... especially if you're even remotely thinking of buying that bus.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101248

mr. warehouse Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:17 am

Flipseat wrote: Read through this thread.... especially if you're even remotely thinking of buying that bus.

Damn, talk about a POS worth staying away from!!!!

Flipseat Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:19 am

mr. warehouse wrote: Flipseat wrote: Read through this thread.... especially if you're even remotely thinking of buying that bus.

Damn, talk about a POS worth staying away from!!!!

In that auction the seller said that bus had already sold. I'm still not quite sure what he was trying to sell for 20 grand in that auction. He didn't come off as the nicest guy either.

Tribalbus Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:01 am

hey thats not that bus that was for sale in nebraska{?} some years back,here on the samba that someone grafted a roof clip on?then sold to someone else who misled the next buyer who was told it was a 21 window?what a blast from the past!i remember that thread was almost as hot as the anton dobbs file!!!!is that the bus?????it was the same color scheme.

westcoastbullies Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:50 am

I pm'd gmoney the guy who started this thread, and guess what, the seller is still selling as an original 21 with some roof work.....he also took an "$2000 non- refundable deposit"......this guy better start packing..

"he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids"
good job samba

gmoney Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:43 pm

I sent the seller of this bus this e-mail, he has not replied but he did relist the bus on ebay as a non original and has changed his descriptions' here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...RK:MEWA:IT

here is the e-mail i sent him.

Eric,

There is a lot of confusion going around about the bus you are selling. We have reason to believe it is not an original factory 21 window bus. We asked you specifically if this was an original 21 window and both times you responded "YES". We have requested the M Codes and you have not been able to give them to us.

We in good faith of our agreement gave you a deposit of $2000.00. We are trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are selling a true 21 window bus. We need the m codes and you to prove to us the authenticity of the bus.

As per our agreement, our deposit is for an original 21 window bus. I will expect you to either prove the authenticity of the bus or return our deposit immediately. We are not willing to wait until you sell the bus to receive our deposit back.

I will be in contact with the DA to determine exactly what rights we have concerning your misrepresentation of the vehicle you are selling. It is against the law to commit fraud. I will also be informing Ebay of the information I have as to the authenticity of this bus. Here are two pictures from your auction on Ebay, the 1st picture is either a different bus or has been altered, the space between the roof windows and the ragtop are incredibly different. The list goes on and on once you start reading the threads on thesamba.com

You can return my deposit and I will keep my mouth shut or I will turn you in for vehicle fraud, mail fraud (for using the internet to commit fraud, that makes this a federal offense.

Heather Jackett
Branch Manager
Premier Mortgage Lending
Concord, California
925-673-0400 Phone
925-825-3848 Fax

westcoastbullies Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:31 pm

This scammer is awesome!! he relisted again on ebay, 3 times a charm, now its un-original 21, but the grateful dead use to own it.... :^o

I need a Emoticon of someone laughing so hard his head explodes

Quote: Yes it was a 21 when we got it and sorry if its not an original 21 If our ad and discription do not meet all your personal expectations then pass it by .

gmoney Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:57 pm

does anyone know where in Pomona this bus is or how to trace the VIN number to see who the registered owner is. The seller told me he never registered it in his name and it has a clear title from registered in Florida.

robot909 Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:58 pm

The seller of that fake 21 window needs a serious ass whippin...

classictint Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:44 pm

robot909 wrote: The seller of that fake 21 window needs a serious ass whippin...

Kinda funny how the latest pictures dont show the headliner like before...

Flipseat Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:53 pm

I love how he says "reserver lowered 2 times as per owners request" but the "buy it now" price has been raised 5,000 dollars from the last auction. What a piece of work.
I'd almost put money on it going up to 25,000 without the reserve being met like the last auction went up to 20,000 without reserve being met and just a 100 bucks shy of the buy it now price :roll:

gmoney Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:43 am

get this, he calls and says you are gonna wait to get your deposit back until i get it back, si i let my wife go on it, she does not play games. trust me

Bongo Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:13 am

Makes you want to set up a new ebay account and bid it up to sky high and er, not pay. :wink: