TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: im back from the corner of hell
DOCHALLER Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:50 pm

hey type three fellers.....i just spent 9 months in Iraq and I am new again to the samba seen. That old feeling is coming back.

65 square with lotstodo....... :lol:

EverettB Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:03 pm

Welcome back!

Barter_Builder Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Welcome home! Did you see any old vdubs out there? Not like you had a chance to look.

lonotch Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:57 pm

Welcome back and thank you for your service!

localboy Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:32 pm

lonotch wrote: Welcome back and thank you for your service!

Ditto...can't say thanks enough for what you guys do :!: :!: :!: :!:

The Noof Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:35 pm

Glad you made it home, bro. 8)

typfasty Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:28 pm

welcome back, much thanks

karfer67 Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:46 pm

same here welcome back my friend. what is the attitude of the solders over there? a friend i jsut met who is going down to the bug in with me is shipping out just after the show.

ddare Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Doc - which unit are you with? Where are you stationed? I spent 9 months over in the sandbox in the Hillah province. I'm kind of curious cause you don't see too many vdubers in the Marines (sure the rest of the military is the same). Congrats on making it back alive, hopefully in one piece.

blarneyman Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:47 pm

Welcome home!! My nephew just went over there about 2 months ago.

Squarely67 Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:35 am

localboymark wrote:
Ditto...can't say thanks enough for what you guys do :!: :!: :!: :!:

Absolutely correct. But thank you anyway and welcome home.

TimGud Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:56 am

Welcome home!

DOCHALLER Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:34 pm

thanks for all of the warm wishes, it is nice to be appreciated!!!

For those that asked, I was in Najaf--about 80 miles south of Baghdad. I was with BLT 1/4 and we kicked some ass! I am a Navy Corpsman, and have spent most of my time (11yrs) with the Marine Corps.

You are all great, and Im sure you all would have done the same for our country.

I was there for the elections, and they went smooth......bad things didnt happen until a few days following the elections.......kinda the "quiet before the storm"

:P Thanks again, and its nice to be home.

Bobnotch Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:45 am

Welcome Home!! :D

ddare Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:24 pm

Hah - I spent a good 3 or 4 months in Najaf, before we headed to Babylon/Hillah. I'm with 1/7. Were you guys still staying at the university (I think the name of the Univ. was Kufa) but that was before Sadr took up shop, in the spring of '03. We used to run patrols in the dump area on the outskirts of the city pretty often and we set up a police training academy by their old jail.

Hope your post-deployment leave is going well. You deserve it. I went back to Iraq in August, but got sent back in Nov because of a HMMVW accident I was in, thankfully. After a while we just quit running patrols unless we had specific intel. Not worth it to go out just to get blown up...