TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Seals Seals everywhere HELP!!!
DubStyle Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:22 am

Ok I have all the seals ready to go on. I remember where the drivers and passenger seals go but I can't remember or do not know the rest.

1) Cargo doors= on the door or on the body side? I know you have one upper and lower on the body side.

2) Rear Hatch does the seal go on the hatch or body side or both?

3) Engine Lid does it go on the body or hatch or both?

Thanks in advance. Most of them weren't there when I got the bus or I can't remember and the pics on WW and WCM are kinda vague.

Stanagon Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:35 am

1) I didn't need to replace the ones in my cargo doors. I put the body side ones on the top, bottom and also the side of the leading edge cargo door for a little extra noise reduction and a tighter seal in my DD panel.

2) Rear hatch seal goes on the body, at least for my '65.

3) Engine lid goes on the body. It's a real good idea to make the bottom piece separate from the top and sides. This makes any future rear apron removal (i.e. engine removal) that much quicker.

I used as little adhesive as possible to attach the cargo door seals on the body. I like to be able to pull them partway out and occasionally clean out any dirt or water that gets trapped behind them.

I think I also used some of the extra cargo door seal pieces for my front door (on body) seals too.

-Stan

Andrew Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:19 am

1) Correct is the top and bottom seal on the body, then 3 seals on the rear cargo door and 4 on the forward cargo door.

2) You're rolling a small hatch bus, right? Somebody will have to jump in on this one... it's been a while since I've had a small hatch bus.

3) Engine lid seal goes on the body only.

Scotts 63 23 Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:37 am

2) Rear hatch '63 and earlier the 3 seals go on the hatch, bottom and sides

DubStyle Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:40 pm

Thanks doods I'll get them in place tonight or tomorrow.