TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My new VW home
69sqbck Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:02 am

Just bought a new house.... check out this garage
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=194716
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=194718

Moving in in April so I will post some pics with all the babies in there....

Mr. Bubblehead Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 am

Looks good, you need to turn that old fridge into a "kegerator" :D

69sqbck Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:25 am

First thing on the list, that and a big fat TV on the wall so I can watch Speed Channel

karfer67 Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:35 pm

whoa wait a second buddy you said it was a VW garage. whats up with the V-8 in the corner? lol just kidding nice digs you got there wish i had a garage.

localboy Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:35 pm

Land must be a lot CHEAPER in Kansas than the Pac NW...

Bobnotch Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:22 pm

Looks good, the V8 must have been left by the PO. :P I wish mine was that clean, but then living in the same place for over 16 years, you collect stuff. :roll:

Russ Wolfe Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:40 pm

Bobnotch wrote: Looks good, the V8 must have been left by the PO. :P I wish mine was that clean, but then living in the same place for over 16 years, you collect stuff. :roll:

Hell Bob,
My shop is only 3 years old. 30' x 45', has a partial second floor, and only has 2 VW's in it right now, and I have to watch the doors when I get out of my truck.
Murphy's 3rd law:

Junk accumulates to fill the available space.

localboy Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:19 pm

Russ Wolfe wrote: Bobnotch wrote: Looks good, the V8 must have been left by the PO. :P I wish mine was that clean, but then living in the same place for over 16 years, you collect stuff. :roll:

Hell Bob,
My shop is only 3 years old. 30' x 45', has a partial second floor, and only has 2 VW's in it right now, and I have to watch the doors when I get out of my truck.
Murphy's 3rd law:

Junk accumulates to fill the available space.

Ain't that the truth. Especially when you combine two households as I did this past year. My garage is now filled with her "stuff" [-( and lets just say is causes some "tension" :agrue: ...

Miguel Arroyo Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Nice, do you rent spaces? :)

Russ Wolfe Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:45 pm

localboymark wrote:
Ain't that the truth. Especially when you combine two households as I did this past year. My garage is now filled with her "stuff" [-( and lets just say is causes some "tension" :agrue: ...

The new shop 3 yrs ago was so my wife of 40 years could park her car in the garage as the house. For the first time in probably 40 years.

Poor Realist Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:51 pm

That's excellent! Sure beats the crappy carport I've been dealing with for the past 8 years.

(Not to brag, well, okay, to brag: that's about 1/4 the size of what I'm getting in Sweden. WOOT!!!!!!!!! I'm so effing stoked!!! Can't wait for the big day!)

localboy Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:56 pm

Russ Wolfe wrote: localboymark wrote:

The new shop 3 yrs ago was so my wife of 40 years could park her car in the garage as the house. For the first time in probably 40 years.

40 yrs :!: Good woman...she deserves it and so do you.

69sqbck Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:20 pm

V8 was left by PO :shock: Would'nt know what to do with that thing!! Funny thing is the 1 car attached garage you drive thru to get into the big garage is to narrow for the new truck to fit into so I have to put a carport on the driveway!!! We are moving in in April and I cant wait to have all my projects inside and out of the elements.