TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: can somebody post a vert pic?
tacky Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:28 pm

i need someone to post a picture of where the door side lap seat belt bolts.
CONVERTIBLE PLEASE.
thanks!

sixfootdan Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:46 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=24

tacky Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:43 pm

i looked, and searched the pics. i never saw the one i need. could you post one? door side lap seat belt point.
thanks

bill may Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:02 am

what year convertible? 1967 was only year lap belts were factory installed. prior were dealer installed and 68 and up were shoulder belts. is yours a 67????

tacky Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:01 am

bill, my year is 66. i see a belt mounting point on the tunnel. also there is one for the shoulder near the rear side window. for a three point mount i need one for the door side lap belt. i don't think the mount i am looking for was on the floor like the sedans. i would like to add the mount just like
a vert with a 3 point belt was set- up.
thanks

bill may Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:26 am

i was just making you aware of the fact that since dealer installed there could be many variations of mounts. prior to 67 the euro used shoulder belts with no lap belt,while usa used lap belts. check at door opening above heat channel to see if there is a threaded part like in tunnel for lap belt. otherwise you have to put one in floorpan.

tacky Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:13 pm

hi hear ya. yes, i think this beetle only had shoulder. i will weld in the mount for lap belt. do you have a pic of the mount? i am trying to find the correct place. a vert has some bracing that might work but i can't figure out a good place.
thanks