TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: wiring harness route?
Smurf Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:46 pm

I have a '66 Vert with the wiring harness out of its location due to the fact it has new heater channels. I was wondering what is the correct route of a vert wiring harness? Thanks
-JIM

luis Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:50 pm

Should be like a regular bug.

In a non-vert it goes through a grommet in the fron trunk and down the side of the drivers side kickpanel, along the drivers door side (along the crack), up the back throuhg two more grommets, and in through the quarter panel and out the back. Sorry not very depictive.

DrDarby Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:02 am

The early convert ran it THROUGH the reinforcement rail on the right side at least through 1964 whereas the sedan of those years ran it through the roof pillars on th eleft side. I do not know the year of the change on converts but by 1965 the sedan's ran down the area just forward of the "A" pillar in the interior of the car and followed the interior of the heater channel backward to under the back seat where it turned toward the outside through a 2" hole just above the rear of the heater channel and ran over the inner L/R fenderwell inside the 1/4 panel coming out in the engine compartment. In my '63 I just installed a decent used '65 harness and ran it similar to this and it worked great.