TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: another speedo question
karfer67 Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 pm

ok what is the secret of getting that bugger out of there? in the vw work book they say to remove the fuse block but you still can't see up in there to remove it. i know there are those two clips one on each side of the speedo but how do you release it with out breaking the clips? i swear i learn something new about these type 3's everyday lol.

blankmange Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:31 pm

karfer67 wrote: ok what is the secret of getting that bugger out of there? in the vw work book they say to remove the fuse block but you still can't see up in there to remove it. i know there are those two clips one on each side of the speedo but how do you release it with out breaking the clips? i swear i learn something new about these type 3's everyday lol.

the easiest way, for me, was to remove the clock first, then the speedo, then the fuel/combo gauge... removing the clock first gives you more room. I also used a long screwdriver to compress the clip on the other side of the speedo so I could push it forward..

Barter_Builder Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:03 pm

just use your hand to squeeze the clips inwards >O< you don't need to look under the dash to do this. you could also push it foward ( as in foward toward the hood) then when you have squeezed the clips push it back ( as in back towards you or the rear of the car) I've always been able to do it this way with no prob.

Russ Wolfe Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:16 pm

automatic_squareback wrote: just use your hand to squeeze the clips inwards >O< you don't need to look under the dash to do this. you could also push it foward ( as in foward toward the hood) then when you have squeezed the clips push it back ( as in back towards you or the rear of the car) I've always been able to do it this way with no prob.

And hold your mouth right... :lol: