TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: For all you Type 34 Owners
Nid Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:03 pm

"I'm not a Volkswagen!"

I'm sure you guys get the whole "sweet corvair" thing on occasion, and I saw this in a local scrap yard.....felt it might lessen the sting every time someone called your car a Corvair :) Enjoy!

speed holes Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:17 pm

mmmmmmmmm, junkyard

Tram Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:27 pm

Nid wrote: "I'm not a Volkswagen!"

I'm sure you guys get the whole "sweet corvair" thing on occasion, and I saw this in a local scrap yard.....felt it might lessen the sting every time someone called your car a Corvair :) Enjoy!

Lessen the sting? If someone wants to call my 34 a Corvair, well...I just remind myself that stupidity and ignorance are CHOICES, as is opening one's mouth with the cable to the brain (if applicable) unhooked. :lol:

The all time classic was when I had a Volvo customer pick up her car at my shop after a service...and tell me how hilarious it was that I had taken all the Chevrolet insignia off my Corvair and tried to make it look like a VW.

I added THAT to her next bill. :twisted:

EverettB Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Corvairs are a dime/dozen. There is probably >100 Corvairs in the Phoenix junk yards.

Mick Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:56 am

One definate advantage of living in the UK is that we don't get too many corvairs over here.

Dunno what all the fuss is about :lol:

Squareback313 Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:56 am

An old aqquaintence who had a 'Vair had a meathead yell at him to "Buy American, Buddy!!!" to which he replied, "It's a Chevrolet, dickhead"!
(this was in Detroit in the '90's)
I really don't get why so many VW'ers hate on Corvairs...like it or not, it's the closest thing to a VW, that's not in the Porsche family.
I guess there's alot of diehard Beatles fans who despise the Monkees, so maybe it's the same kinda deal...
And no, I've never rolled a 'Vair, but I found an abandoned, but complete, Greenbriar panel van that I contemplated towing home, before it vanished.

Russ Wolfe Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:05 am

I don't think we hate the Corvair. My family has owned 4 or of of them. And when they stopped making them, they started buy VW's and Audi's.
We just don't like our T-34's being mistaken for them. How would you like owning a Ferrari, and having some idiot come up and say "Nice Fiat".

:-k

Squareback313 Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:26 am

Russ Wolfe wrote:

We just don't like our T-34's being mistaken for them. How would you like owning a Ferrari, and having some idiot come up and say "Nice Fiat".

Perfect analogy, Russ!

When I was driving a Rabbit, people would call it a Horizon :x
More recently, a guy at work, I think just out of disrespect, called my '83 Benz 240D a "'60's Rolls Royce or a Pont-eye-ak or whatever"

I'd rather have a T34 any day over a Corvair...

Tram Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 am

Squareback313 wrote: Russ Wolfe wrote:

Perfect analogy, Russ!

When I was driving a Rabbit, people would call it a Horizon :x
More recently, a guy at work, I think just out of disrespect, called my '83 Benz 240D a "'60's Rolls Royce or a Pont-eye-ak or whatever"

I'd rather have a T34 any day over a Corvair...

I've got a 1960 Benz 180Db and the ol' timers from them thar hills are always asking me about the Studebaker. :roll: I think most of 'em are over half blind from the moonshine- or maybe they just drive like it.
So, I guess I actually roll a "Corvair" and a "Studebaker". :lol:
(or at least I will be if I ever get my 34 finished....)

Bryan S. Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:25 pm

There is this guy in the foothills east of my place that has between 30 to 40 Corvair's at his place. Too bad they wern't 34's :lol: They seem to be common around here where I'm at as well.