TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Wolfsburg West Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
carloscolt Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:22 pm

OK I ORDERED 2 FLOORPANS AND 1 HEATER TUBE FROM THESE LOOSERS. IT WAS MY FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. I USED THE ONLINE ORDER FEATURE NO PROBLEM THERE. I PUT IN WHAT I WANTED AND CHECKED OUT. IT GAVE ME A SHIPPING COST FOR WHAT I WANTED I THEN PAYED.
ALL DONE RIGHT? WELL NO.
I GET A PHONE CALL FROM THESE DUMB ASSES THE NEXT DAY SAYING THAT THE SHIPPING CHAGRES WERE WRONG AND THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE $30 MORE OK WHY.
THEY SAY THEY COULDNT GET EVERYTHING IN THE BOX SO IT WAS MORE. NOW THESE PEOPLE GAVE ME THE SHIPPING COST FOR WHAT I ORDERED NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. I HELD UP MY END OF THE DEAL NOT THEM. I TOLD THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY THAT THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT THAT THEY COULD NOT FIT IT ALL IN ONE BOX. I PAID FOR THE SHIPPING CHARGES THEY ASKED FOR.
I THEN TELL THE OWNER THAT OK I WILL SPLIT THE 30 DOLLARS WITH HIM $ :snipersmile: 15 EACH AND HE SAYS NO. THAT HE WILL NOT LOSE MONEY ON ME.
WHAT A GREAT BUSNISS MIND THIS IS. I TELL HIM I MIGHT CANCEL MY ORDER IF HE WONT SPLIT THIS COST WITH ME AND HE SAYS.

"WELL I GUESS I WILL JUST LOSE YOUR BUSINESS".

HOW DO YOU SELL SO MANY OF THESE SAME ITEMS AND NEVER ADJUST YOUR SHIPPING CALCULATOR TO FIGURE THIS IN.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME. OVER 15 DOLLARS THIS GREADY MOTHERF..... IS WILLING TO GET THIS BAD PUBLICITY.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERED I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LOSER OF A COMPANY AGAIN. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE IF I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THERE PARTS DOWN THE ROAD. I NEEDED THESE PARTS AND ORDERED THEM ANYWAY.

WITH ALL THAT SAID THIS GUY IS A JACK ASS AND MADE A PISS POOR BUSINESS DECISION. HOW THEY EVER GOT AS BIG AS THEY DID I WILL NEVER KNOW.

kalamazoovwguy Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:32 pm

That sucks. I have always had good luck with Wolfsburg West. I guess that's the price you pay for decent quality parts.

Glenn Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:35 pm

Caps Lock... find it, use it. :roll:

carloscolt Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:35 pm

You know even if you got substandard parts you still have the chance of salvaging the relationship with your customer by offering another part or a refund credit or something.

BUT WHEN YOUR STUPID ENOUGH TO TELL YOUR CUSTOMER RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX THAT THEY WILL NOT LOSE $15 ON YOU, WELL THAT TELLS YOU WHERE YOU STAND AS A CUSTOMER.
THIS GUY IS A DUMB ASS.

bugninva Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 am

carloscolt wrote: WHAT A GREAT BUSNISS MIND THIS IS. I TELL HIM I MIGHT CANCEL MY ORDER IF HE WONT SPLIT THIS COST WITH ME AND HE SAYS.

"WELL I GUESS I WILL JUST LOSE YOUR BUSINESS".

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME. OVER 15 DOLLARS THIS GREADY MOTHERF..... IS WILLING TO GET THIS BAD PUBLICITY.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERED I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LOSER OF A COMPANY AGAIN. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE IF I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THERE PARTS DOWN THE ROAD. I NEEDED THESE PARTS AND ORDERED THEM ANYWAY.

WITH ALL THAT SAID THIS GUY IS A JACK ASS AND MADE A PISS POOR BUSINESS DECISION. HOW THEY EVER GOT AS BIG AS THEY DID I WILL NEVER KNOW.

*I* wouldn't pay to ship parts to you either...if you want them pay the shipping, if you don't cancel the order...bad publicity? nope just another tight ass that wants everything for free....clearly...

UZI Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:02 am

first, nobody has ever heard of carlos trigo, everyone has heard of wolfsburg west. most of us have ordered from them without any problems.

secondly, if you're going to squawk over $30, maybe cars aren't for you. EVERYTHING is going to cost more than you expected. beetles are one thing, buses cost even more.

hypothetical: what if you had a giant aquarium for trade? you find someone who will trade you for a 15 window bus? impossible you say? yeah, i know, stick with me. the shipping estimate you told the guy is wrong, it's $2000 because it has to be shipped by a freight carrier instead of UPS. then what?

does JCwhitney sell floorpans?

YellowSplittie Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:16 am

Having dealt personally with WW on several occassions, I can only say they are a great company to do business with. They have twice sent me replacement product when I didn't expect them to and they were under no obligation to. I'm sure they lost money both times on a customer on that one, but it goes to show what great customer service they have.

I can see your gripe if they had sent the items to you and THEN charged you more. But they were up front with you, before it shipped, nothing wrong with that in my book. Sure, it's a disappointment, but not anything to get bent over.

OG Velvet Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:26 am

YellowSplittie wrote: Having dealt personally with WW on several occassions, I can only say they are a great company to do business with. They have twice sent me replacement product when I didn't expect them to and they were under no obligation to. I'm sure they lost money both times on a customer on that one, but it goes to show what great customer service they have.

I can see your gripe if they had sent the items to you and THEN charged you more. But they were up front with you, before it shipped, nothing wrong with that in my book. Sure, it's a disappointment, but not anything to get bent over.

word

rizzag Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:59 pm

wolfsburgwest is a great company and an asset to our community. i have been buying parts from them for around 10 years and have never once had a problem with them.

LHG Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:31 pm

WolfsburgWest is a Very Good Vendor

They always ship very quickly.
They try to have the best available parts and are pretty good at getting you the right part for early cars.

Their customer service is good, in your case they called right away to let you know about their mistake, (you never make one, right?). You didn't lose any money and were giving the option to cancel the order.

Plus, they donated about $700 worth of parts to our Charity Raffle Car project to help get us started :D :D

bugster1226 Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:15 pm

WW is one of the BEST vendors I have EVER delt with...............................................without exception!!!!

RobzKombi Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:25 am

Everytime I order from WW (which by the way has been quite a bit lately) my items are delivered extremely fast well within 2days besides the fast shipping, they are very courteous and professional, thats why they have and will continue to have my buisness. WolfsburgWest is an excellent vendor in my opinion.

Dave24 Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm so glad everyone came to counter this supposed "BAD PUBLICITY" on WW. I'm not one to just stick my .02 in, BUT, carlos, (a guy who has NEVER spent a single dime @ WW) did'nt get an instant discount on shipping on his FIRST order he was gonna place, so he chose to hop on here and try to blast (or should I say smear) a company whom I've dealt with for years, with very few problems. And NO problem that they did'nt rectify! always @ thier cost, and as quick as possible. And this is over the course of ten plus years,100+ parts .
I just don't see where old carlos here was coming from. What made these guys "greedy, assholes, MF'N jerks etc....". Seems like it's real easy for a loud fingered schmuck (I can't even say customer 'cause he never was one) to try and pull this kind of crap. Any one who is or ever has been in business knows your gonna get a certain % of customers that you DONT want, now or ever!. Not dissatisfied, more like non-satisfiable.
Just nice to see others willing to rebuff this kind of crap, when they know or have dealt with the company in question without problem. I think the problem belongs to Carlos, period.

Sams super 73 Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:28 pm

Have dealt with retail customers in one way or another since big enough to count money. Unfortunately, there is a minute percentage total dipshits out there that exist for no reason except to make good people miserable. When I run into one, it makes me appreciate the LARGE majority that are a joy to work with. Just my .02 worth....

whynotvw Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:46 am

Wolfsburgwest is a great company and they go out of their way to help their customers. I've always had good luck with them. Maybe it was your attitude that made them not want to split the cost on shipping. Most Vw people have very nice things to say about WW. I think it was a mistake to start a thread about them.

vdubman27 Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:22 pm

i have dealt with tony and the crew for about 17 years now and have never had a complaint. the parts are always the best available and customer service is always A+. with all of the happy customers they have i dont think they will miss your $150 order

pawesty Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:35 am

dubluv wrote: Everytime I order from WW (which by the way has been quite a bit lately) my items are delivered extremely fast well within 2days besides the fast shipping, they are very courteous and professional, thats why they have and will continue to have my buisness. WolfsburgWest is an excellent vendor in my opinion. ditto here!

PhatPhenders56 Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:25 am

The only gripe I had with WW was there packing, they used so much of it, it was everywhere! :D They'll get ALOT more of my $$$, There that GOOD!
Maybe,Just Maybe. With that child-ish attude you should buy a Honda!

64hardtopbug Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Quote:
Maybe,Just Maybe. With that child-ish attude you should buy a Honda!
even the honda crowd would probably laugh at his ass.

i had a last minute order with ww, and they sent it along with my previous order the same day without even charging extra. a phone call was all i needed. i would definately buy from them again. why? #1 Quality parts. #2. Excellent customer service. and #3 fast shipping and packing!

Ragman Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:20 am

Wolfsburg West is a great company. In their defense, I've been "overcharged" by their shipping calculator before. And the next day, they lowered their shipping charges to reflect actual shipping. So, it goes both ways on their side to charge the customer "actual" shipping charges. BTW, you ordered floor pans! Those are probably pretty difficult to estimate shipping costs due to their size.