TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: SEKURIT or TEMPERITE.....
alexs64 Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:07 pm

These POP-OUTS use TEMPERITE glass. When did VW switch to this glass and are they really 64 and down pop-outs? If they are 65 and above then the ad is wrong OK no biggie ...If they are for use for 64 and down then are they REPOPS? Why the glass switch? I am just confused about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540636206&category=6755

oc63rag Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:35 pm

The ad mentions "Temperite - Santa Marina". I'd guess this is the Brazilian supplier of OEM glass for VW.

alexs64 Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:38 pm

oc63rag wrote: The ad mentions "Temperite - Santa Marina". I'd guess this is the Brazilian supplier of OEM glass for VW.

But were 64 and down POP-OUTS made there? Or only in GERMANY?

glutamodo Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:59 pm

Yes, they made them in Brazil in the aftermarket. I remember seeing them available as kits several years ago somewhere or other. The Brazil ones have those black knobs on them. German ones have the ivory or gray knobs.

andy

alexs64 Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:02 pm

glutamodo wrote: Yes, they made them in Brazil in the aftermarket. I remember seeing them available as kits several years ago somewhere or other. The Brazil ones have those black knobs on them. German ones have the ivory or gray knobs.

andy

Thanks for your answer...But I didn't think they were repopped at all.....Good info though thanks again...