TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: T3 Performance Carbs
nealie Wed May 04, 2005 6:01 am

Hi

I'm planning on building a stroker motor (probably a 2110cc) for a stock looking squareback. I'm a bit stumped on ideas for carburation for it as i want to keep the stock trap door.

What's recommended? Can you get performance short manifolds? Air filters to fit (at a guess) 44 IDF carbs and still be able to shut the trap door?

Thanks a lot

Neal

localboy Wed May 04, 2005 10:13 am

Try CB Performance. They have Weber 40s & 44s with short manifolds and air cleaners. They fit under the deck. I bought a pair of 44s last year for my black Notch (is will have a 2110cc) but be prepared fopr sticker shock. Make sure you're sitting and hold on to your wallet....

[email protected]. Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 pm

I can sell you some manifolds - good price plus shipping - I run 36 Dellortos "under the hatch" with the same manifolds

CB Performance have a good range of carbs and linkage

Simon

Three, Three, Three is my magic number

Grubs Sat May 07, 2005 12:07 am

Well I just picked up my '72 type 3 Wagon *today* after getting my local VW Gods to install Dellorto DRLA 36's on CB Performance's type3 manifolds and linkage kit.

I have to say the results are AWESOME!!!!!!

The fit is really good with approx a full inch clearance between the air cleaners and the nearest surface (sidewall and lid).

I restored the car 9 years ago and have been driving with standard carbs. The Dellorto 36's are an order of magnitude better. Idle is now smooooooth as is the progression to full throttle. Man its just like driving a *real* car!

Linkage kit from CB performance. US$140 I think
Carbies were US$220 shipped from a fantastic honest Italian who is well known in VW circles.
http://stores.ebay.com/ALFA1750S-CARBURETORS-PARTS-STORE

Carbies came fully rebuilt and jetted for 1776. My VW mechanics isntalled and dyno'ed the car and the jetting was spot on.

Can you tell I'm happy today!! - must drive!

edit: First post and I'm braggin about my car already.

nealie Mon May 09, 2005 1:04 am

[email protected]. wrote: I can sell you some manifolds - good price plus shipping - I run 36 Dellortos "under the hatch" with the same manifolds

CB Performance have a good range of carbs and linkage

Simon

Three, Three, Three is my magic number

what you got and how much to the uK?

Thanks

neal

[email protected]. Tue May 10, 2005 2:03 pm

have a pair of short manifolds for type 3 - £94.50 plus VAT on T3D web site - yours for £60 - shipping to the UK not much as that's where I am!!!

Post Office are quite cheap - they don't weigh much - probably about a fiver?

Let me know if you are interested and where you are and I will pack them and confirm postage cost