TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Oh boy our first bug parts came today
24racer Thu May 05, 2005 9:27 pm

Well the wifes 62 bug is completely torn apart and scattered around the garage. Ordered the Bentley Manual, 2 Bug Me Videos, and both complete floor pans on Monday and got em today. I must say Im real impressed with everything. The Bentley manual is full of great stuff, the floorpans are thick and better than I expected. There was 2 support pieces with the floorpans I couldnt figure out where they went but Im sure once I start the project I find out where they go. I started watching one of the videos and am impressed with the quality of it. I guess hopefully Ill be cutting and welding this weekend after I get the son's race kart painted. He will kill me if I don't get it painted this weekend. It feels good to have a reason to get out in the shop again!!! Larry

RareAir Thu May 05, 2005 11:52 pm

The support pieces might be the jacking point sections. If you ordered your pans from Wolfsburg West, they don't have them welded for shipping purposes.

Kaferfiend Fri May 06, 2005 11:53 am

Nothing like Christmas in May! I love getting new parts. The feel of clean steel, the smell of new wrapping....

Sorry. Went into a daydream there.

Congrats! It's nice to know more and more people are building up our little cars with great care.

Good luck with your project(s).

-kf