TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: need 63 title
thevwkid Sun May 08, 2005 7:57 am

I

blankmange Sun May 08, 2005 8:20 am

thevwkid wrote: I have a 63 vw but when I bought it 3 years ago the title had been floating without reassignment, and has gotten screwed up. I am in the process of getting it straightened up but it is going to take a while. I need to drive my vw as a daily driver. I already cary full coverage on it but just can't get it tagged. I would like to buy a title from someone who has one from a vehicle that has been parted out and no longer exists. Then I can retag my car with my title when it gets straightened up. I know this is not exactly on the up and up, but I am sure many people have done this in the past.[/b]

you do realize that what you are asking us to do is illegal in most (if not all) states........

Barter_Builder Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am

Have you asked the Dept. of Motorvehicles if they have a temp tag you can use while straightening out your situation.

thevwkid Sun May 08, 2005 9:31 am

I did not think of it as being such a bad thing until you put it that way. I wasn't looking to scam anyone, just trying to enjoy my vw. I will also check with my DMV and see if I can get a temp. tag.

blankmange Sun May 08, 2005 9:41 am

thevwkid wrote: I did not think of it as being such a bad thing until you put it that way. I wasn't looking to scam anyone, just trying to enjoy my vw. I will also check with my DMV and see if I can get a temp. tag.

and I understand that you didn't mean that either, just that it is illegal for you to buy and for us to sell you such a thing....

of course, you may be an enforcement agency angling for a bite also...

thevwkid Sun May 08, 2005 10:18 am

Well I didn't think of that either! So if that is the possibility than I guess a law enforcement agency could be reading this and that would be bad. I guess I need to scrap the whole idea.

localboy Sun May 08, 2005 10:56 am

Trust me. Go thru the legal channels no matter the hassle. You could be buying yourself a whole bunch more problems going the [fraud] route. It's kinda hard pleading you weren't trying to defraud anyone AFTER you're caught. Make some calls, write some letters until someone at the DMV helps you out. See if they do "lost titles". Some states do. Or yo may have to purchase a legal pan w/ title and swap the body out. The pan VIN is usually accepted as the correct one depending on your state. Good luck.