TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: fault-line v-dubs Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
jroymcd Sun May 08, 2005 11:50 am

any members from the old fault line v-dubs club still around?

jroymcd Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 pm

i guess not :wink:

Skim Tue May 10, 2005 5:37 am

I remember seeing them back in the day when I lived in California. I went to the Paso Robles show in 92 with a bunch of guys and we drove up there from So. Cal in my 61 vert and they had this late model bug with a funky paint job like blue and purple fade together. Anyways, I remember it had faultline v-dubz on the back window.

jroymcd Tue May 10, 2005 7:16 am

ha ha i remember that bug it was a guy named leroy. i still talk to him sometimes.

RaiderMS3 Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:12 am

Sorry to kick the dust off an ancient thread, I just saw this when I did a google search on the club, to see if anyone reformed the group.

I am one of the first members of the Fremont Chapter, #1. I was known as "Stinger", real name, Eric Singer. I had a 71 Super. 1st member to get the rear window airbrushed with the club logo. We had some big meets back in the day, some 40 or so VW's would show up. The club grew to some 12+ chapters by 1994, and then it kind of fell apart, and that was it.

That blue-to-purple bug was awesome. One of the first to put that 911 fan shroud on a bug. Leroy was cool, won a lot or shows, not sure what happened to it. I have so many pics, and still have the flier for the first meet, and some business cards for the club. I

Those were the days. I sold the SB, bought a VW van, showed that a few times, sold that, went to a bunch of different cars, now owning a couple new Mazdas, a Speed3 and CX-7, both modded. Wife drives the CX-7.

I am looking to get back to my roots, and get an old air cooled VW though.Looking here daily for something I might need/want.

Sorry again for reviving a dead thread!
Eric

jroymcd Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:27 am

its james I was in fault line. I had the green ragtop.

RaiderMS3 Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am

Man, it has been 13 years! How ya been?

I am trying to remember you and your car. Got any pics?

jroymcd Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

green 58 ragtop with a white top, chromies, rack, lowered. wish I had pictures of it

RaiderMS3 Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:46 am

I am sure I have pics of it in storage. Moved to Florida in 2001.

I remember just about everyone seemed to have the sliding ragtop, especially the Addams.

RaiderMS3 Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm

Thought I would share a couple pics of my 1st and 2nd rides.
More remember the Fault Line 4x4, which I eventually lowered...the wrong way, but did lower it.

and then my 1977 VW Adventurewagen names Pea Soup, which I showed a few times, took a 1st place in 93 at VWs By The Bay, then a couple 3rds and a 2nd at Bug Bash 94...I miss that bus...

phdamieon Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Hey you guys remember me, Damieon, haven't heard some of theses names in years, email me [email protected]

RaiderMS3 Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Adams?

my65rhd Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:37 pm

What club was Thumpin Ed and Slammin Lou a part of back in the day in Hayward ???? Kyle mr rhd

RaiderMS3 Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 pm

I am not sure, but there was a Hayward Chapter. I threw a wheel and rear brake drum off on the freeway on the road to one of their meetings.

Skim Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:01 pm

RaiderMS3 wrote: Sorry again for reviving a dead thread!
Eric

Dont sweat that man, You just got in touch with some of your old friends, how can anybody be mad at that. 8) I say yall should revive the club for old times sake. VW clubs are dwindling down now a days. I think it would be cool to see Faultline back on the map.

RaiderMS3 Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 am

I thought about it recently, as I was packing up items into storage. I found the first flier for the club meet, pics, business cards. My memory is really faded of that part of my life (long story) but I remember some good times.

I was thinking of creating a website, but I moved to Florida, we really do not have many fault lines here. Heck, rust free vee dubs are also hard to find here, too. Been looking.

Anyway, yeah, I glad to have been able to talk to those I have found. Good times...

Skim Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:17 pm

man you need to scan those old fliers and memorabilia and post them in the 80's and 90's topic in "Readers Rides"

Lotsa old school club memorabilia and cars in this topic.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176260

RaiderMS3 Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:26 pm

Oh wow, Rodbuster! I have wondered about that one. I need to move and unpack my pics and and stuff, including from 1986 at the Baylands Raceway.

Skim Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:31 pm

RaiderMS3 wrote: Oh wow, Rodbuster! I have wondered about that one. I need to move and unpack my pics and and stuff, including from 1986 at the Baylands Raceway.

There you go, We are trying to document and preserve the VW stuff we 30 somethings grew up with in high school in that topic. :lol:

Banzai KG Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 pm

I still have my July 19, 1987 VW Nationals - Fremont Baylands VHS (Lucky Duck Productions) with Dyno Don narrating.