TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Seattle, the undiscovered country. Page: 1, 2  Next
notchboy Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Ok, now that Im here and semi aclimated where are all the T3 owners. I know Ive bantered back and fourth with a couple of you but all that info is on my "not in use" computer. Once again Im in Seatac. I know some one is in Redding, Tram is out in left fieid, who else is on here that want to get a Sat beer or 16oz vanilla latte :roll: ?? I would like to know whos plannin on the Shorline show as well. Chime in please.
:wink:

Gary Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:56 pm

notchboy wrote: Ok, now that Im here and semi aclimated where are all the T3 owners. I know Ive bantered back and fourth with a couple of you but all that info is on my "not in use" computer. Once again Im in Seatac. I know some one is in Redding, Tram is out in left fieid, who else is on here that want to get a Sat beer or 16oz vanilla latte :roll: ?? I would like to know whos plannin on the Shorline show as well. Chime in please.
:wink:

Now that's plain funny! Be sure to do the "Underground Tour", which I believe starts in Pioneer Square. Ride the ferry across Puget Sound and check out the mothball fleet in Bremerton. To this day I rue the decision 13-years ago to transfer from Washington to Oklahoma :cry:

notchboy Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Ive done the ferry thing before. I will do the underground tour as Ive only seen the gutters of Pioneer square (drinking :oops: ). Space needle, Freemont troll, Alki hitting up Pegasus Pizza and many other things.

Russ Wolfe Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:06 pm

And then there is the Sailboats if you are into that.
My brother has a 38' Ingrid, but I think he has it up in Alaska right now.

tomnotch Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:34 pm

Pegasus tomorrow (Thursday) nite, 7ish. Going there for pizza with sis and friends. Probably will have a T3 there.

Ingrids are very nice, I use to crew on faster race boats around here.

localboy Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:23 am

Jason, I live in Lake Stevens about a 1-1.5 hour drive North of you (depending on traffic load) and East of Everett. My club meets in Lynnwood if you're interested. I will be at both Burgermaster and Vintage Meet but I'll most likely bring my Westy. Do you like ice cold Corona w/ a lime? 8) We also have our own show in Everett on July 30th, and there's the Canadian show in Vancouver in August...

notchboy Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:34 am

Corona and lime? Just had a few last night 8) What show is on July 30th? Ill be at the othere ones. Ill see if I can make the Lynwood club meet. That sounds cool.

Tom I might be there, not sure how the work day is shaping up. :cry:

Russ Wolfe Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:40 am

tomnotch wrote: Pegasus tomorrow (Thursday) nite, 7ish. Going there for pizza with sis and friends. Probably will have a T3 there.

Ingrids are very nice, I use to crew on faster race boats around here.

He built his himself. He lives down in Union, WA

I can't find his web site and the pictures. Someplace on HCTC.com.

localboy Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:28 am

notchboy wrote: Corona and lime? Just had a few last night 8) What show is on July 30th? Ill be at the othere ones. Ill see if I can make the Lynwood club meet. That sounds cool. :

http://eastsideaircooled.com/Euroexpo2005info.htm

We have out meetings at Lynnwood Alfys pizza. Beer, pizza and ACVWs 8)

Notched Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:49 am

notchboy wrote: Ok, now that Im here and semi aclimated where are all the T3 owners.

You've been had. The DDB has bought everything within a 500 mile radius and turned it all into something from the island of misfit Type 3's. Half-backs, No-backs, Cut-into-a-million-pieces-backs, etc...

You're too close my friend, move now, before they add a Type 4 motor to your purdy little 1500 stocker.

tomnotch Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:38 pm

:twisted: :twisted:

Notched wrote: You're too close my friend, move now, before they add a Type 4 motor to your purdy little 1500 stocker.

brent67 Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:45 pm

Anniehum and I are heading for the West Coast Showdown in B.C. this weekend, info www.dglvk.com/events or http://www.franklinsvwwerks.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2431

We will also be at the "vintage weekend" events. Hope to meet up and ogle your ride 8)

bigedd08 Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Three words for Seattle....Ivar's Clam Chowder !!!!! :wink: Its AWESOME !!!

notchboy Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Notched wrote: notchboy wrote: Ok, now that Im here and semi aclimated where are all the T3 owners.

You've been had. The DDB has bought everything within a 500 mile radius and turned it all into something from the island of misfit Type 3's. Half-backs, No-backs, Cut-into-a-million-pieces-backs, etc...

You're too close my friend, move now, before they add a Type 4 motor to your purdy little 1500 stocker.

LOL, I guess in 20 years Ill be like OB1 old Ben Kanobe. "Notchboy, now thats a name I havnt heard for quite some time". You all need some light in this dark rainy place. :wink: I may even bring some of you back to the light side. The DDB included. :shock:

tomnotch Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:08 pm

See the light, it is the sight of all power, of mind expanding dreams. Of truth, justice and the American way.

Dark side hellski! When you see the light in the NW you instantly forget all this "correct" mumbo jumbo, and live for the moment. 'cuz if you don't, soon you will be eaten by slugs.

notchboy wrote: I may even bring some of you back to the light side. The DDB included. :shock:

63SunNotch Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:40 pm

notchboy wrote Quote: LOL, I guess in 20 years Ill be like OB1 old Ben Kanobe. "Notchboy, now thats a name I havnt heard for quite some time".

That old hermit. :D

blarneyman Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:59 pm

In twenty years you'll have web feet and be able to swim as fast as that notch!! :P

localboy Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:17 pm

bigedd08 wrote: Three words for Seattle....Ivar's Clam Chowder !!!!! :wink: Its AWESOME !!!

Don't forget Dick's Burgers! Like all these Seattle natives keep telling me "Nothing beats a Dick's". :oops: Especially helpful on those late nights after having a few. My wife once explained it to me. Something about grease absorbing alcohol :wink:

Anniehum Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:48 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=70740

We are every where. When you least expect it there we are. Look forward to seeing you at Shoreline. Brent and I are heading up to West Coast Show down this weekend in Surrey, BC. Lots of good events to be had. There are a group of folks who meet every Saturday evening at the Krispy Kreme in Puyallup. You would have to check Franklin'svwwerks forum to get the time.
Glad you are here
Cheers

jimmynotch Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:33 pm

Me and my batty rider live in Ballard. Both of us would be stoked to meet some other type 3's up here. I have lived here for four years and been driving my notch for three and can count the number of other type 3 people I have met... In CA, they were everywhere it seems.