TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Weber DCNF stalling
Nevada Notch Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:18 am

Anyone out there run into this problem? I have a pair of Weber 40MM DCNF's. They run fine at any speed above idle but if the motor idles for more than about a minute the motor stalls. The weird thing is that the motor will fire right back up after it stalls and the car does not stumble or stall at any other time.

Any ideas?

Air-Cooled Head Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:01 am

Intake leaks.

I had exactly the same problem, but w/ stock carbs. Spent countless hours fiddling around w/ the carbs. When I decided to rebuild them, I found the right side carb loose. Tightened it down= huge improvements, but still no cigar (but no rebuild either :) ). Yesterday, I discovered a crack in the balance tube between carbs. Replaced & wa-la! Idles great! Un-fiddled with the carbs, and she runs and idles like a dream.

Ace Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 am

Either that or it's running rich. Does it idle ok when it's cold?

Nevada Notch Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:46 am

Runs great when its cold. Runs great when its hot. Thanks for the tip I'll check to see if I have a vacuum leak. One thing though, I don't believe there is a ballance tube between the carbs. Haven't had time to check (just bought the car)!
Another question, would anybody know if the 40mm dual webers will work well on a stock motor?