TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My Square!! Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
blankmange Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:38 pm

Just wanted to show everyone where I have been for the last 6 weeks, since I haven't been in chat or online at night.... A couple of guys from our car club and myself have been sequestered away in a garage, putting this guy back together....

PURISTS' WARNING: This square is no longer stock; mechanically it is, but cosmetically... not so much....

so here we go...

Front 3/4 view:

Front view:

Driver's side:

FI badge - no carbs on this guy...

Rear 3/4 view:

Interior shot - need to finish painting the trim and couple of other details:

Driver's shot - Porsche leather wheel and Australian tach:

that's it for now -- I have a handfull of details I need to finish: waiting on the gasket for the license light on the rear hatch, need to wire up the front turn signals.... but for the most part, it is done...

Now - you purists can have a ball: make a list of all the items that should or should not be there.... have fun with it... In fact, let's see if you can get all the little details that I have changed on this square...

BTW: I would like to thank Doug (mechanic), Rodney (welder), Keith (tires, alignment, inspection), and Kyle (painter)... you guys sacrificed quite a few nights and brain cells (who knew paint would make you high?) for little more than a big 'Thank You' and I appreciate it....

SquareD Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:07 pm

I like it! The white treatment for the bumpers and stripes looks cool. I am not too sure about the seat covers, but at least it goes with the blue interior. :D

Dennis

thevanillaninja Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:12 pm

I must say I like! it has a nice retro look to it

Tram Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:37 pm

COOL! I like the bumpers.

tiertender Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:15 pm

How much did you lower it. I lowered mine but I still have not put the body back on. I went 2 clicks in the front and 1 in the rear. How many did you go on yours?

blankmange Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:19 pm

Tram wrote: COOL! I like the bumpers.

this can't be really you -- who is impersonating you?

blankmange Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:20 pm

tiertender wrote: How much did you lower it. I lowered mine but I still have not put the body back on. I went 2 clicks in the front and 1 in the rear. How many did you go on yours?

lowered 2 notches up front, none in the rear...

tiertender Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:25 pm

blankmange wrote: tiertender wrote: How much did you lower it. I lowered mine but I still have not put the body back on. I went 2 clicks in the front and 1 in the rear. How many did you go on yours?

lowered 2 notches up front, none in the rear...

Thanks by the way she looks sweet. I am jealous, can't wait to get mine on the road!!! :twisted: :twisted:

notchboy Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:44 pm

Its a later square mange. Its out of my crap giving field :wink: I like the racing stripe and the rock guards. Now go drive the piss out of it and enjoy every minute!

Barter_Builder Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Needs more clear!!
looks good tho

Gary Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:38 pm

Two Words: Bad Ass 8)

Tram Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:40 pm

Icy wrote: Two Words: Bad Ass 8)

We're talking about blankmange's car, not your case o' the squirts. :wink:

Towel Rail Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:12 pm

"FAAAAATTT..."

Just kidding, I like it. What's powering that ride? 8)

blankmange Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:04 am

automatic_squareback wrote: Needs more clear!!
looks good tho

actually, it hasn't had it's final wetsand/buffing -- we are waiting a week or so before the final process to make sure everything has cured properly...

blankmange Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:04 am

Towel Rail wrote: "FAAAAATTT..."

Just kidding, I like it. What's powering that ride? 8)

bone-stock 1600, fuel injected....

Mr. Bubblehead Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:35 am

SWEET!

R.Rabbit Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:13 am

Tram wrote: COOL! I like the bumpers.
Why are trying to fit a bikini on that fatchick, I think Bubbles has warped your mind. :wink:
Looking good, BM. Have you figured out that whole shifting thing yet? :shock:

blankmange Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 am

R.Rabbit wrote: Tram wrote: COOL! I like the bumpers.
Why are trying to fit a bikini on that fatchick, I think Bubbles has warped your mind. :wink:
Looking good, BM. Have you figured out that whole shifting thing yet? :shock:

yeah, I got it down -- you get a motor that doesn't have a death-defying rod knock?

btw - do you have an Australian tach for that notch?

SquareTone Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:11 am

The 2-tone and striping is very sharp looking. Can't say I'm a fan of the bumpers though. But then I thought the all chrome space ships in Phantom Menace were about the prettiest thing I had ever seen. 8)

R.Rabbit Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:26 pm

blankmange wrote:
yeah, I got it down -- you get a motor that doesn't have a death-defying rod knock?

yeah, Evil helped me out. Hooked a brother up.
blankmange wrote:
btw - do you have an Australian tach for that notch? Nope, Bubbles won't come off his.