TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: money and beer?
Built_To_Spill Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:30 pm

someone want to come to my house tomorrow or thurs or friday and make my car work, i've exhausted my tiny comprehension of the t-3 motor, it turns over like its gonna fire right up but never does, EVER, i've done the slow pressing of the gas pedal, changed spark plugs, and wires ....i just want it to take me to the store so i can load my groceries into the front., i live in san diego.

ibjack Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:39 pm

Where in SD are you and what type of car is it? I'm down in Imperial Beach but I work in LaJolla.

Built_To_Spill Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:02 pm

clairemont, 72 sqaure,

ibjack Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:18 pm

If it's fuel injected, it's out of my range of knowledge. Carbs I can deal with. Email me your address and phone # and I will ge in touch with you. Jack

Built_To_Spill Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:25 pm

aye aye aye it be f.i., if you get any ideas, 626 716 1443, Mike

tomnotch Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:27 am

check the ground wires that are hidden down by the spark plugs. Seems a LOT of people knock them off when giving the car a tune up, then it won't run.

Built_To_Spill Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:49 pm

are they those two guys who plug in

Sugs Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:09 pm

Make sure your wires that connect to the clips that connect to the injectors are connected good and proper.

I've got a really good mechanic over here he knows a lot about Fi VW's my square was Fi at one point...until I went nuts and simplified the problem by putting a dual carb 1600 in!

Heres his number if you're really stuck! George and Burrny's VW 604-731-8644 ask for Aman he has diagnosed many of the problems I had with my old engine! Needa new ECU?

Built_To_Spill Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:15 pm

thanks, i figured it out finally, so dumb, the screw that holds down the points was loose, plus it was running really rich so the atmospheric pressure sensor got leaned out so its not running like a champ, but a retired one, anyone know how hard it would be to change a steering dampener? mine is shot.

EverettB Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:44 pm

Built_To_Spill wrote: anyone know how hard it would be to change a steering dampener? mine is shot.
It's really easy, I think I did my '66 in about 10 minutes. The nuts have torque settings so use a torque wrench.

Built_To_Spill Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:25 pm

how many ft/lbs do you need?

EverettB Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:18 am

Built_To_Spill wrote: how many ft/lbs do you need?
The larger nut is 29 ft. lbs (connection to fromt beam)
The smaller nut is 18 ft. lbs.