TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Narrowing my link pin beam 4" need help plz
wes63bug Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:38 pm

Im going to narrow my link pin front end 4" but i dont know what im going to have to cut to make it work. Do i run no shock towers, cut inside trunk? i dont know if you have Any pics of your narrowed beams installed that would be a great help. I know how to do everything else, just need some ideAs on the shock towers, thanks.

bill may Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:09 pm

you are going to cut your beam but dont know how? 4" is played out big time do a 9"

Mattimus Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:19 am

4" without towers (cuz you wont need them that narrow). I can still turn without rub. And I can still drop it further down.

67vdub Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:07 pm

No No No Bill 9" is played out too . What you do is take the whole beam off go out and get you a really good set of Independent skateboard trucks , then using to 6' legths of airline cable , and a 6" 20mm bolt with 2 jam nuts you can get a total custom 8" wide beam and drop your car about 9.5" . Just watch out for pebbles or chewing gum !

wes63bug Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:48 pm

when i said i dont know how, i ment, i dont know what im going to have to cut on the body, i know how to narrow a beam, i just finished making my 4" beam today. I plan on doing air shocks in the future so i will need the shock towers right, i was just wondering if i have to run a different tAnk or if there is some trick to making everything work. Ive always just done adjusters, this is my first narrowed beam. Thanks for any info, and :evil: to the sarcastic people, im just trying to get some info.

67vdub Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:06 pm

hey hey lets be cool with the violence. Congrats on the narrowed beam you will need to run shock towers , you can narrow 4" and not have to cut the body , and there are a handful of companys out there that sell replacement towers with off set angles to accomodate narrowed beams . Check out this article for some info http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/tech/0407vwt_beam/

and check out the guys at http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/parts.php
for everything you need to know about narrowed beams .

Hope this helps .