TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Another vintage plate thread....
BullittWade Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:42 am

I am looking ( and have been for a month) for a really nice set of 1967 Texas plates to go on the 67' Vert I have just acquired. Would anyone have a potential source? I have tried Ebay and a number of sites on the web, but have yet to find a decent set of plates. Any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance.

Wade...

Glenn Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:43 am

I find alot at car shows and swap meets

scottvw Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:46 pm

You've got 4 hours to bid on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14040&item=6541850530&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

BullittWade Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:29 pm

I have looked at that plate. It is by far the best looking one I have found up to this point. The problem is (an I just verified this on the phone) that the state of Texas requires both plates for use as YOM plates not just one. That is what is making this a more difficult task than I thought it would be. Thank you very much for the post.

Wade..

tasb Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:32 pm

I looked for about a year for the right plates to come along. You need to be more patient even when looking in all the right places.

BullittWade Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:38 pm

I was hoping to snag a set before I registered the car (just got it Sunday), but I guess I will register it and then officially switch the plate out when I find some suitable. Thanks for the response.

Wade...

RareAir Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:48 pm

Have you tried checking out www.alpca.com? They cater to those license plate collectors world wide. You may end up paying top dollar, but maybe your car is worth it?

Fowvay Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:53 pm

http://www.amchild.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TX

Good service and good supply. Very honest people. I bought my YOM plates from them. :D

Morganwerk Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:58 pm

I would try a hot rod swap meet.