TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Logo'd 1958 Sunroof Kombi Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
my65vert Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 am

I just bought a logo'd 58 standard sunroof bus today. Pretty good shape but missing the slider assembly for the sunroof,press bumpers and middle seat. OG complete engine sitting inside the bus too. Usual rust in front floor and rear cargo floor, good rockers and doglegs, no nose damage.

Other than that it is all there and awaiting me to get home from the desert and start the work on it.

Pictures coming.

Wooo-hooo

vwjosh6070 Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:23 am

cool man. congrats. be safe out in the desert.

my65vert Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:26 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=216841

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=216840

SHSC Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:31 am

my65vert wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=216841

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=216840

Obviously it came from the pan handle. Didn't an old lady own it at one time?

vdubvr6 Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:40 am

bad ass! don't you dare get rid of the finish! ;)

Andrew Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:30 am

my65vert wrote: I just bought a logo'd 58 standard sunroof bus today. Pretty good shape but missing the slider assembly for the sunroof,press bumpers and middle seat. OG complete engine sitting inside the bus too. Usual rust in front floor and rear cargo floor, good rockers and doglegs, no nose damage.

Other than that it is all there and awaiting me to get home from the desert and start the work on it.

Pictures coming.

Wooo-hooo

...You son of a bitch.

davebuckholts Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:34 am

I agree with Andrew.....

When you get back to the states, give me a shout. I'll bring beer.

DownRiver Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:51 am

Sweet Bus and logo.

Are those extra lights on the inside? Disco Style

vwjosh6070 Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:34 am

that is one saweet splittie!!! you lucky bastard!

EverettB Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:04 am

Looks like a cool Bus, congrats.

No sunroof stampings?
Example:

I know it has belly pans so did someone cut out the stampings or are they covered by something?

Enkiel Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 am

SHSC Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:21 am

vdubvr6 wrote: bad ass! don't you dare get rid of the finish! ;)

What year do you think those logos are from? I guess about 1985.

EverettB wrote: Looks like a cool Bus, congrats.

No sunroof stampings?
Example:

I know it has belly pans so did someone cut out the stampings or are they covered by something?

What makes you ask that?

EverettB Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:38 am

SHSC wrote: EverettB wrote: Looks like a cool Bus, congrats.

No sunroof stampings?
Example:

What makes you ask that?
Because that picture (with the arrow) is not a picture of his Bus. His new Bus doesn't have the stampings there from what I can see.

His Bus:

Stanw3 Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:45 am

I'd guess his belly pans are just from the double doors - sunroof was a hack job.

Stanw3 Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:47 am

Changed my mind again - ront lip from the picture - you can see the flat front lip where the latch would grab - maybe they just riveted some crap over the inner skylight sections - looks like rivets anyway.

EverettB Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:49 am

Stanw3 wrote: Changed my mind again - ront lip from the picture - you can see the flat front lip where the latch would grab - maybe they just riveted some crap over the inner skylight sections - looks like rivets anyway.
Now that you say that, it does look like a piece of cardboard riveted over it.

I emailed the original seller and asked him and he didn't respond to my question about the pressings, just sent that photo, which looked confusing to me until now.

Did Sunroof Kombis have any sort of cover on the bottom of the sunroof assembly? Like headliner material?

davebuckholts Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:56 am

Also looks as if the mildew or whatever is in the shape of the skylight cutouts......whatcha think?

mynameismud Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:58 am

looks like a masonite panel screwed on with the door panel screws and washers every place where the skylight pressing ribs are located

SHSC Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:19 pm

EverettB wrote: SHSC wrote:

What makes you ask that?
Because that picture (with the arrow) is not a picture of his Bus. His new Bus doesn't have the stampings there from what I can see.

His Bus:

That is what I was wondering, I never saw this photo. But that does look like the same material as kombi door panels.

dieselnut Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:25 pm

Cool bus! Congratulations, ex-military vehicle?

(Not sure where the double doors are though... :lol: )