TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: cleaning fuel injectors?
mkrks Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:17 pm

anyone ever done this or know how to properly do this at home? so the story goes... the fastback died. clogged injectors... tested all f.i. parts replaced pump after it wouldn't create enough pressure (stole part from 71 sqaure project car) new pump new injectors and it ran like a mazzirati (sp?) for a day the next day same thing sputtered and died... damn it... i figured that the old injectors were just 35 years old and gradually got clogged... nope pulled the sending unit and all i could see was rust around the pick up and return rest of the tank looks great. tank going the rad. shop to be boiled and coated... still need to clean those new injectors... help advise... anything...

thank you for reading and all advise is greatly appreciated

matt

Mr. Bubblehead Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:12 pm

Blankmange and I have successfully cleaned out injectors with a spare pump, a battery, a hacked up wiring harness, some fuel line, a can full of gas, and a shitload of hose clamps. Worked really well, although you don't want to be smoking while you're doing this.

blankmange Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:39 am

Mr. Bubblehead wrote: Blankmange and I have successfully cleaned out injectors with a spare pump, a battery, a hacked up wiring harness, some fuel line, a can full of gas, and a shitload of hose clamps. Worked really well, although you don't want to be smoking while you're doing this.

yep, BTDT, and definitely need to put out any and all open flame/heat sources....

oh, and hope you don't mind being up to your elbows in unleaded gas and smelling like a gas pump for about a week or so....