TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What do you guys think
stevo_2006 Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:48 pm

well im looking for an old project bug and i kind of like this one i belive its a 66 and those turn signals would have to go i dont think there is an engine and i dont know how the pan looks or the rear but it would be alot of work i have a 70 bus as a daily driver but i want a project car here she is

sovereignsamba Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:22 pm

sweet car, go for it.

sovereignsamba Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:23 pm

It looks like that front bumper hit something hard at one time, right on the bumper mount too. I bet the front clip is folded pretty bad underneath.

chickengeorge Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:36 pm

I think you should buy the V-8 Vega to the left. That way, you don't gotta cut your mullet.

Seriously though, looks like a repaint. Unless it's super cheap, realy give it the thrice over. Inner fenderwells, heater channels and lower quarters are good places to start looking for rust. Batter tray and bumper mounts are inconsequential.

iowegian Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:43 pm

Hey, Stevo. Gimme a holler if you want me to look at it with you. Chuck

stevo_2006 Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm

forget that one i just went and looked at with my friend who has a 59 bug the heater channels where gone pan was on its way all body parts were to say the least rusty engine didnt run but it needed a regulator and rotor cap had coil overs on it though but it was 600 dollars no thanks not for one in that bad condition chuck if you happen to see one somewhere for less then 1000 give me a holler thanks every one CG seriously thought about the vega :wink: btw i dont have a mullet just long hair lol peace Steven

stevo_2006 Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:56 pm

how about this one it is for sale for 2000 dollars im thinking at the most 700 how much do you guys think

iowegian Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:34 pm

Move on, Steven. (Yesterday's '66 looked better to me.) You've seen our
'66 that I paid 3k for. This '67 for 2K? Nope- way to much rust. I think
you should go to Kansas and bring one back. You can use my tow bar.

stevo_2006 Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:37 pm

lol that pan on the 66 was gone if you coulda seen and it didnt run and also it had as the guy stated lol THE GOOD TRANSMISSION he was drunk has hell i might take you up on the kansas idea though when i get the money im going to zearing iowa to look at some there but theres another road block my dad said i can store ne more vws at the house i only have one i was like wtf i have a feeling he doenst like them at all why you ask because he told me lol so untill i have the money to get one and find a spot for it im screwed