TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Set your Tivo/DVR/VCR this Saturday morning...
Calisupastarz Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm

I posted this in the Late Model/SuperBeetle section, but thought you early guys would be interested in it too, cause I know how infrequently you guys visit that section.

The History channel is running its show Automobiles and this week the VW Beetle is featured.

The show, if you've never seen it before, is really excellent in the way they go into depth about the history of the vehicle. It will be on early Saturday morning @ 7 am EST.

Here's a description of the show from THC's website:

It is the most instantly recognizable car in history. A landmark in engineering and design excellence, it is by far the bestselling automobile of all time. Even today, more than 60 years after the first prototype was built in Nazi Germany, the ageless Beetle remains a fixture on highways and byways the world over.

THE VW BEETLE is an engaging look at the long history of this enduring classic. See rare footage of the early prototypes of the "Strength through Joy" car designed by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche at Hitler's behest and follow the evolution of the endearing auto all the way through the final production cars in South America. Discover how the Beetle, while keeping the same basic appearance, underwent 78,000 design changes in its long life, and climb behind the wheel for a nostalgic spin in the most popular and successful car ever built.

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=72038

Miguel Arroyo Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:29 pm

Thanks, it will be early but what the heck!

croscoe Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:16 pm

thanks for the heads up.

flatfourkings Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:47 am

Will that be playing on the west coast?

Calisupastarz Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:42 pm

flatfourkings wrote: Will that be playing on the west coast?

Yes, just 3 hours earlier (4 am) Saturday, August 20, 2005.

Towel Rail Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:51 pm

That's waayy too early for a Saturday morning.

I'll just buy the DVD.

Oldnslow Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:54 pm

My cable guide shows it on at the same time slot as on the East coast, 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM, PDT. I'm in California with Charter Cable,

Rick Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:58 am

just set tivo. It is on at 7am west coast time.

Calisupastarz Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:14 pm

Oldnslow wrote: My cable guide shows it on at the same time slot as on the East coast, 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM, PDT. I'm in California with Charter Cable,

Sorry about that, must be a regional cable thing. I too live in California, but have satellite tv service. That's why it'll be on at 4 am for me.

jhicken Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:16 am

Just finished watching the show [7am east coast time]. I'll give it two thumbs up. Very informative with lots of great vintage VW footage. Although in a few shots, they were talking about earlier cars while showing later cars, it held together well. I think I'm gonna pony up the $24 to get a copy for my own.

-jeffrey

croscoe Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 am

DAMNIT! my vcr didn't record it.

Kaferfiend Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 am

Volks66Wagen wrote: DAMNIT! my vcr didn't record it.

Maybe it's the 66 thing, cuz my DVR didn't record it either. Piss.

-kf

gerg Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:52 pm

Towel Rail wrote: I'll just buy the DVD.

Just did . . . .

East coast wankers 8) j/k

keifernet Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:05 pm

gblakeney wrote: Towel Rail wrote: I'll just buy the DVD.

Just did . . . .

East coast wankers 8) j/k

Great! when can I expect my bootleg copy from you :?: :lol: :wink:

You owe me a favor don't you? :lol:

gerg Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:19 pm

You know it! . . You run A&E cover for me and I'll hook you up! :wink:

G-reg-B

jhicken Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:21 pm

gblakeney wrote: Towel Rail wrote: I'll just buy the DVD.

Just did . . . .

Me too! Gotta have it for the library

-jeffrey

Kaferfiend Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:32 pm

May be asking too much, but can anyone rip it to mpg?

-kf