TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: front bumper
1970lowerd fastback Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:09 pm

i have a custom 1970 fastback and i don't like the way the front bumper lookPREPARE YOUR SELF FOR STUPID QUESTIONS if i remove the bumper what do i do about the gaping holes from the bumper reenforcer? or should i just grab a bumper from an earlier model?

blankmange Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:11 am

1970lowerd fastback wrote: PREPARE YOUR SELF FOR STUPID QUESTIONS

would that be similar to:

1970lowerd fastback wrote: ya fuel injections suck they don't last long so go with some dual weber carbs

as far as the bumpers go, you have several options - go with an early model bumper, nerf bars or run without the bumper... although you may also want to check your local laws....

Mr. Bubblehead Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:00 am

1970lowerd fastback wrote: ...should i just grab a bumper from an earlier model?
That's how we roll.

SquareTone Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:10 am

If you go without then find, make, or have made some kind of plug that fits the holes the get them painted to match the car. Or mabye you could stick some fog lights in there.

PS: You didn't really say that about the FI did you? :roll:

blankmange Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:43 am

SquareTone wrote: PS: You didn't really say that about the FI did you? :roll:

yeah, he did.... it's alright - we have the opportunity to teach him how sweet the FI can be...

Russ Wolfe Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:32 am

blankmange wrote: SquareTone wrote: PS: You didn't really say that about the FI did you? :roll:

yeah, he did.... it's alright - we have the opportunity to teach him how sweet the FI can be...
Maybe we could get him and TomNotch on "Pinks" :twisted: