TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Difference 34pci vs 34pict
danfoksan Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:15 am

Hello,

Does anybody know what is the difference between the Solex 34PCI and the 34PICT. I own a set of dual carbs van TDE / Riechert. The set has two 34PCI and is complete....except....I really want to rebuild both carbs with a rebuild kit. But can I use the rebuild kit 34PICT since there is no 34PCI rebuild...Anyone?

Thanks.

Eric&Barb Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 am

Hi danfoksan,
We have never heard of a 34PICT or 34PCI. Have dealt with 34 PICT-3 and earlier carbs. The carb rebuild kits are pretty much the same the only real differance is if they have the paper top gasket for the carb you are using.
Eric&Barb

danfoksan Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:28 am

Hello again,

Thanks for answering. Sorry, I was indeed talking about the 34PICT-3 or 4 carbs from Solex. What I have here is a real 34PCI from Solex. A carbs that has been used in dual stes from Theo Decker Essen and Riechert Tuning in the '70's.

I have send an email to CB performance. They asked if my internal pasts look like these:
http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1212
But I do not know this untill I open the carb. And if I do so and I cannot rebuild it... :twisted: :roll: You'll understand :wink:

So, anybody knows if I can use this kit?? Is the 34PCI a look-a-like from the PICT-3 or 4??

Thank again! And vriendelijke groet (regards),

Daniël