TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Nice score!
notchboy Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Ah, the addiction is strong in this one. Follow the rest of rusty's pics and see the pig he stripped in a salvage yard. Note the characteristic rat pile of parts. Atta boy! :wink:

Anniehum Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:49 am

Is that a teak dash too. Wow that is some collection...
Cheers

R.Rabbit Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:30 am

nice score on both dashes, and neither one looks cracked either :shock:

Gary Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:50 am

Coat those dashes in Vaseline and let them sit for a weekend. The vaseline will absorb the petrolium and be rejuvenated. Nice trick I learned from Jim Patterson (RIP) at the House of Ghia.

notchback Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:37 am

Icy wrote: Coat those dashes in Vaseline and let them sit for a weekend. The vaseline will absorb the petrolium and be rejuvenated. Nice trick I learned from Jim Patterson (RIP) at the House of Ghia.

Do you mean the dash will absorb the petroleum from the vaseline? Vaseline IS petroleum jelly. How could it absorb itself? just an honest question :)

notchboy Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Ya know Neil I let that go this morning just to see you picking up the slack here later :wink: I guess I wasnt feeling asshole "ish" jk :wink:

notchback Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:24 am

notchboy wrote: Ya know Neil I let that go this morning just to see you picking up the slack here later :wink: I guess I wasnt feeling asshole "ish" jk :wink:

Well Jason, thanks for the compliment! Actually though, it was a serious question. Does putting vaseline on an old dry dash help it? Will it absorb the petroleum and "regain" life? If it works for that, how about window rubber?

Gary Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:51 am

notchback wrote: Icy wrote: Coat those dashes in Vaseline and let them sit for a weekend. The vaseline will absorb the petrolium and be rejuvenated. Nice trick I learned from Jim Patterson (RIP) at the House of Ghia.

Do you mean the dash will absorb the petroleum from the vaseline? Vaseline IS petroleum jelly. How could it absorb itself? just an honest question :)

It will absorb the petroleum matter, atoms, whatver you want to call it. Basically the dash sucks up some of the vaseline and is rejuvenated. Just passing on what was told to me.

Barter_Builder Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:02 am

notchback wrote: Icy wrote: Coat those dashes in Vaseline and let them sit for a weekend. The vaseline will absorb the petrolium and be rejuvenated. Nice trick I learned from Jim Patterson (RIP) at the House of Ghia.

pitslayer Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:04 am

well thats a handy tip to know
nice stash you got there, out of interest wheres the rest of rustys pics?

notchboy Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:54 pm

Part of my notches regiment is to slather on vasoline to all the exterior rubber, windows most important. Then I wash and way accordingly. My dashes and arm rests always get lots of it while its warming in the sun. I never use anything else. The tip was passed to me back in the early 90s while living in Sac.