TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: need one little item
vwfye Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:29 am

i need a running lamp button for my push button dash. mine is dying a slow and painful death. anyone have an extra from a dead unit they would part with?

60DoubleTurd Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:46 am

is it sitcking when on and wont pop out?? Mine has been doing that forever.

EverettB Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:58 am

62type3square wrote: is it sitcking when on and wont pop out?? Mine has been doing that forever.
If you remove it and clean it, it will work properly.

Do you need the button or just the button cover? I don't have either but...

attatt Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:31 pm

Off topic...vwfye, do you have any other pics of the topless T3? I was thinking about doing that myself and I would love to have a closer look at your work. Did you make a hardtop or cover?

vdubjim Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:35 pm

is it difficult to do that without breaking? my wipers does that sometime.

EverettB wrote: 62type3square wrote: is it sitcking when on and wont pop out?? Mine has been doing that forever.
If you remove it and clean it, it will work properly.

Do you need the button or just the button cover? I don't have either but...

EverettB Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:47 pm

I don't know because I have never pulled and reinstalled one. :shock:

I have cleaned them when removed from the vehicle though. They started working a lot smoother after some electrical cleaner.

Bobnotch Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:36 pm

attatt wrote: Off topic...vwfye, do you have any other pics of the topless T3? I was thinking about doing that myself and I would love to have a closer look at your work. Did you make a hardtop or cover?

If you go to www.volksrods.com and do a search for vwfye, you'll find pics of all his toys. :twisted: I know he's got some hiding in his members into page there. Mine are visible in the link of my signature, but I need to do some updating. :roll:

vwfye Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:08 pm

the white button cover itself is what i need. mine has cracked and is crumbling away. without it, the lights won't stay on

rokcrln Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:42 am

If you can send me a pic of the part you need. I have two full set ups for my 64 and a few extra covers. I have not tested mine yet but if it is only a cover you need I should be able to help.

Kevin

turdburger Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:13 am

vwfye wrote: the white button cover itself is what i need. mine has cracked and is crumbling away. without it, the lights won't stay on

The button covers don't keep them on, there are crazy lever mechanisms underneath, you'll probably find one is a bit bent and is not latching?

notchback Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:39 pm

Brian,

ISP West sells replacements on eBay. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/8dr8m

Unfortunately, the ones they sell don't have the cool little pictures on them. They are just blank.

vwfye Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 pm

guys, i know of what i speak when i say i just need the white cover... so, i will check the ISP West site for the generic i guess. thanks all! btw, i would love to get ahold of a spare faulty complete push button dash if anyone has one they can't use...