TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Dellorto's in a Squareback
Paul Wilson Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:43 pm

I am a long time Dellorto guy but being new to the Type 3 set up, I am looking for advice. I am building a 1776 for my Square and will be running DRLA's. I have the manifolds but not the air cleaner base plates or the linkage set up. What I need is some photos of linkage set ups as well as short velocity stacks. Do you run the short air correction jets ? Photos would be great as I an a visual type guy.
uglyoffroader

PIMPPRIDE Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:03 pm

I have the correct linkage kits for type 3 using IDF's / DRLA's you can run a 1¾" air cleaner with a 1" stack inside, but the air cleaners are stamped steel, the cast air cleaner / linkage style ones are junk, they hit the body badly with the engine installed,

Anthony / ISP WEST

wolfman's brother Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:46 pm

yep,dealing with this problem right now :roll: .

I did finally find the perfect shim anthony,going to the shop in the morning before work to install them and see what happens. I may be ordering that linkage from you anyhow. I now know which bushing and bolts I need from you too so be expecting a call 1st of the week.

mark

tripicana Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:35 am

heres is a picture of my velocity stacks i ran with my dellortos. i just cut and welded. they are about 3/4" tall.

Paul Wilson Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:14 am

Thanks for the info , Anthony. Does anyone know where to get the 1" velocity stacks ? I don't have access to a tig welder, in order to make my own. I suppose i could use the steel ones but I like the aluminum ones a lot better.
uglyoffroader

Bryan67 Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:17 am

Have you tried CB Performance yet? Thats who makes them.

Paul Wilson Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:31 am

CB's web site doesn't list any that short. They have 1 5/8" amd 1 7/8". I'll call on Monday to see if they have anything else.
uglyoffroader

vw4life269s Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:42 am

tripicana,is that NOS you are shootin on the motor???? :lol: I see some ports in the intake manifold.