TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: help! type3 owner with bug questions
squaret3 Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:18 pm

i have owned a 73 squareback up until recently i bought a 65bug and i know very little about common type problems. My bug seems to have a bad vibration from the rear of the car between 45-60mph. i checked the trans nose cone mount and it looks to be in good condition. i can feel the vibration through the shift linkage also but not from the steering wheel. can a transmission problem, bent axles, or wheel balance problem cause this? i means its really bad, iam surprised the motor didn't fall out on the freeway. Any common failures or thingsd i can check?

dumpa65 Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:18 pm

Hey I just happen to have a 65 and my car does the same thing I think that it has something to do with the clutch but I have had no time to look at it. I was thinking that it might be a bent spring plate? my car it comes in pulses right around 55mph. If you find out what the problem is let me know. thanks Bobby from Seattle

squaret3 Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:10 am

WELL I THREW TO CAR UP ON A RACK AND CHECKED EVERYTHING WHILE THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING IN GEAR AND FOUND THE REAR TIRES WERE SOME NEW NANKANGS BUT THEY SAT FOR TOO LONG AND
DEVELOPED BAD SPOTS THAT CAUSED SORT OF A BALLOON EFFECT-
I GUESS ITS USUALLY THE MOST SIMPLE THING THAT CAUSES THE PROBLEM. :)